• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Drop Away / Whisker Bisket

they are both great rests. i have the ripcord, and my fiance has the QAD. ripcord is cheaper, but they both function completely the same. they both are capable of being locked in the upright position, until you draw back to release the lock. personnaly, i think the only difference is whose picture is on the labeling!!!

Whose picture is on the labeling?

QAD is much quieter and will not fall if you draw and let down. It also has a harmonic dampener. Not sure if the ripcord has anything in that regard.

We sell a lot of QAD and have very few requests for the ripcord. I shoot the QAD and I won't even consider anything else. It's been absolutely bulletproof so far.

Whose picture is on the labeling?

QAD is much quieter and will not fall if you draw and let down. It also has a harmonic dampener. Not sure if the ripcord has anything in that regard.

We sell a lot of QAD and have very few requests for the ripcord. I shoot the QAD and I won't even consider anything else. It's been absolutely bulletproof so far.

my fiances qad had michael waddel on the labeling, on a QAD ultra hd or something like that. harmonic dampeners are a gimmic if ya ask me. i added a string tamer a few years ago, and removed my string leeches. the bow had zero hand torque before, still does, and is VERY quiet. and its not a matthews, with harmonic dampeners all over the place. and my bow is quieter than a matthews! it just seems dumb to have harmonic dampeners in an arrow rest! Its a waste of good technology, or should i say overkill!

i think the only one up the qad has over the ripcord is the ability to stay up when u let down on your draw. other than that, i have never had an issue with my ripcord, nor have i tried a QAD, so my money is with the ripcord. and its alot cheaper. also, the only sound my ripcord makes is a click when you lock it up, the same sound my arrows make when the nock clicks onto my string

If you think the harmonic dampeners are a gimmick you are sadly mistaken. They make a big difference in eating up any vibration and noise. I curious why you feel it's dumb to have a dampener in a rest. If it helps eliminate any vibration or noise how is that dumb?

Another difference I've seen between the ripcord and the QAD is that the ripcord will bounce back whereas the QAD locks down when it falls. I've worked on a lot of bows with both rests and I find the QAD has far fewer tuning issues and less problems overall.

The QAD was the same price well before Wadd had his picture on the label.

Your bow is quieter than a Mathews in your opinion. Unless you've had some sort of testing done, this statement just seems to be a shot at Mathews. I don't care what name is on a bow as long as it shoots well for me. In fact I like Bowtech better than Mathews but you won't hear me badmouthing another bow just because of the name.

For the record I think the ripcord is a good rest.

It doesn't seem to me you are very objective in you review. IMO.

i wasnt taking a shot at mathews, just saying my bow is quieter than one. remember, mathews bows are full of harmonic dampeners!! that was my point.

sure harmonic dampeners may have their place on bows. but, the whole point i was trying to make, was why do they need to be on an arrow rest!!?? pretty soon someone will invent gloves with harmonic dampeners on the knuckles, afterall, h dampeners are a gimmic in that regard. i can only assume that somewhere out there is a sight with harmonic dampeners on it as well

ive never had my bow tested in a lab with mathews, but ive got many friends that are die hard mathews guys. ya know, the guys who buy a new bow every year. watch them get mad when my '05 diamond is whisper quiet compared to them!

and, i wasn't saying wadd drove up the price of qad because of his pic, just that qad cost more than ripcord because of his pic. ripcord packaging, at least last i saw, didnt use industry names to promote its product!

Thanks for all the replies gentleman. I appreciate it and I am still looking at options. I was looking at the ripcord and the QAD yesterday and was impressed with both of them. I also noticed a rest called the Octane Hostage Pro capture rest. It has three brushes that contact the arrow and you can adjust the brushes to various arrow sizes. The fletchings don't come into contact with the brushes. Seemed pretty slick. Anyone ever use one or have anything to say about these types of rests?

CA

I ahve shot the hostage for three season still on original brushes, shoot winter league and 3ds in summer. Rest has worked from corn fields to mountains. No problems with ice or noise, and vanes don't get rippled.

Thanks Sol good to know. Will blazer fletchings clear this rest with their higher profile? Since I need to refletch my arrows, I was thiking about switching over to them as well. Not sure if all rests can accomodate them. I want to make sure that whichever rest I go with, all types of fletchings will work through them. I know the drop aways will work for sure.

CA