• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Frontier Wireless Router..

So, if you have read my other post, I recently got a PS3.. I have Frontier for high speed at home. The PS3 and the modem are across a room from each other. I talked to a friend who told me that Frontier will not work with a regular wireless router. Anybody have expierience with this?

Well it seems to me if you have a signal (read network cable) coming in, you should be able to “route” it any way you wish. Whether it be Frontier on any other company.

They might not service anything beyond the connection coming in, but I don’t have any idea as to why it wouldn’t work.

There should really be no good reason why it shouldn't work. Depending if the router hands out DHCP IP addresses or if you have to statically assign one. The wireless router would have an inside network(in the house) and an outside network(to the frontier router and the internet). The wireless router would just pass traffic from inside to outside to the Frontier router and then the Frontier router would go to the internet and bring data back and send it to the outside of the wireless router which in turn would send to the inside network. No real reason it shouldn't work. Routers don't really care who they talk to.

log into the admin panel of the router to get your settings and configure the ps3 to match.

The frontier router i was working with last week doesn't have one of those auto connect buttons unlike a linksys. SO you would have to set up with PW other than that you may have to check what channel the router is broadcasting on.

I have Frontier, and a PS3 and my NAT type is STRICT and have contacted them about fixing that and opening ports, and they tell me it is a Playstation problem, and PS tells me its a Frontier problem. I guess I am gonna live with it

DD -

I have the speedstream modem from frontier, run through a Belkin N+ router, with a Linksys range expander.

If I can get that all to work, you can get your setup to work.

One thing I WILL say, is that lately I have had a lot of dropping of the network.

I think some of that might be because we have (2) desktop computers, (2) range expanders, Wii, PS3, a laptop and netbook running at any given time.

I have frontier also and i setup a wireless router in my home, It worked ok for a short time but then it wasnt connecting and dropping signal all the time. After a call to their tech line They sent out a repair guy and after all was said and done they installed there own router and everything has worked great since. He explained it to me that some routers didnt work very well with there system for some reason. They came out and fixed this at no charge to me.

I have frontier at home & the in-laws house, both are working fine with a wireless router attached.

I take it you must not have a wireless router from them? They set me up with a Siemens wireless router that actually works pretty good, but I have since disabled it and bridged it to my linksys because I like it better.

You're basically telling the frontier router not to route, and to just pass the internet connection through to your own wireless router so it can do all of the work.

Frontier customer service may be ok but they offer terrible service.

Every so often I have an e-mail that say its undeliverable with a code. I called Frontier CS and they sent me to [email protected]. They then sent me to another department and that group told me they had no idea what the code meant.

Its Frontiers code. Great company. C'mon Version get into my area soon.