• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Sure wish....

tracker x-2

Too cold for me, I like it above 20 for bowhunting, any colder than that and it isn't fun for me to bowhunt anymore as I don't feel comfortable with all the layers. I would still ML hunt if I had that option though. The snow should make it interesting. If there is a foot already, the deer will be in the woods and any standing corn field still available.

I love hunting the late season! One of my favorite weeks of hunting happened in the early 90's, when the WARMEST it was when I left the house for the afternoon sit was -12. It was between -22 and -28 every night when I got home. I froze my butt off and had a blast!

One of those nights I drew on a decent buck. It was so cold that my release malfunctioned once I had my string back a couple inches. I never took my eyes off the deer and got my release back on the string without him spooking. He continued on the trail and I came to full draw. I had him stopped at 12 yards broadside when I noticed one small problem... I no longer had an arrow in my bow! smirk I looked down to see the arrow in the snow about five feet in front of me. When my release malfunctioned, the arrow popped off the string and out of the bow, but I didn't notice it because my eyes were locked on the deer. All I could do was laugh...

After this weather moves through I hope to get out soon. Temps like we have in the forecase will make the deer move a little earlier. Maybe on Fri I'll get to give it a go.

I love bowhunting in the snow. I got my wool bibs and snow camo all ready to go. This weather where it'll stay below freezing during the day is ideal so that a crust won't form on top and allow silent stalking conditions. I'm pumped for this weekend for sure. My either sex tag will become just that.

i think once it drops below 10 degrees the snow will be crunchy no matter what. it freezes all the moisture and is pretty loud. the cold will make em move better however. Gonna be home this weekend for last weekend of muzzy around bemidji and then back out to ND for the rest of bow