• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Reducing noise

tracker x-2

Definitely go with some Limbsavers, without a doubt the biggest noise reduction tool you can add to you bow. I think an STS or string tamer type silencer that attaches to the front/rear stabilizer bushing would be the next most productive along with some type of stabilizer. Then your string/cable leeches, & cable guard if you really want to get carried away.

On the string I have tried the leeches, bat wings, and cat whiskers.

Leeches - worked well but only lasted a couple hundred shots.

Bat wings - were durable but not as quiet as leeches

Cat whisters- quietest and most durable and are what I currently use.

I have an STS string stopper and recommend those type devices as well. There are several brands out there.

Moleskin on the rest (if using a drop away) and shelf as well as making sure everything on the bow is tight and not rattling helps too.

I have a Mathews and my roommate has a Hoyt we both use leeches and I thought it was not quiet enough so I went and bought one of those new string suppressors that mathews came out. WOW did that make a difference. First time I shot my roommate didn't hear the bow just the target getting hit. We've done a few tweaks here and there to make the rest quiet but if a deer can jump my bow now I'm thinking it saw something not hear something. My roommate bought the STS String Stopper but I think it's too big and adds way too much weight to the bow and are cumbersome to me. That's why I like the Mathew's version better.