• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pre/Post Game Minnesota Wild Banter

JimBuck

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sykora's was released from his contract and both have parted ways. Our salary cap is free from the remainder of his contract ($6xx,000). They just couldn't fit him in for whatever reason. He complained about playing on the 3rd or 4th line, but he looked terrible when he played.

I think if the Wild are sitting 2 points out of the the spot or better come March 3rd, we won't see too much action from Fletcher, buying or selling.

I don't think we have the team right now to make a deep run so he won't buy anything come the deadline. But, if we are close to a spot or in a spot, there's no way a GM can start selling players off without seriously angering the fans...especially in MN where we expect to have a competitive hockey team.

Yeah, you can't give that many PPs to a team like that and if you do, you can't let them score on over half of them.

Off to Dallas where the Wild have such a great history...maybe not. sick

We need to leave Dallas with two points.

I agree with having Harding or Backstrom back there. Playing with your 3rd string keeper doesn't make the team very confident in the back.

Calgary has been wheelin' and dealin' lately. I can't believe they got rid of Phaneuf as well.....I'm curious what happens to them after the Olympic break.

Also, will the Maple Leafs have a chance of being competitive next year? Probably not......that club has had a rough go of it.

Wild never win in Dallas or Calgary. Well almost never.

Phaneuf is a pretty impressive player. Anyone remember the Wild game in Calgary a couple years back where he broke the glass twice with slappers? The second one was from BEHIND his own blue line! The replay showed our goalie and you could just about hear him say "what the #@%$ ???" as it went zinging over his head.

We do need some forwards but man it is tough when you have no scoring coming from the blue line, ever. we have a total of about 15 goals for the entire squad. There are guys that darn near have that on their own. Our powerplay is pretty bad 17%, i think an offensive D-man would really help. I guess we would have a player like that if we hadnt spent $5 mil a year on Johnsson.

The wild do have over $3mil of cap space, closer to $5mil once sykora is off their payrole.

I really like Latendresse, he was a good pickup, we still need another goal scorer though. Kovolchuk, we can just about afford him too. I think if our record was better we would be hearing more about it. They need to make up their mind. They either go for it, or they give up like every other year.

I doubt he is playing again for the wild. Someone who claims to know something, said that they dont even think it is a concussion issue. They said the wild is better covered insurance wise if they say an injury is a concussion. I try not to pay too much attention to the rumor mill though.

His contract is a joke too. $4mil a year until 2013.

I doubt he is playing again for the wild. Someone who claims to know something, said that they dont even think it is a concussion issue. They said the wild is better covered insurance wise if they say an injury is a concussion. I try not to pay too much attention to the rumor mill though.

His contract is a joke too. $4mil a year until 2013.

That sounds "black helicopter" to me. If he was healthy he would play or else be traded to get rid of the salary. Why leave talent on the bench when we don't have an over-abundance of it anyway? We need points bad.

Russo from the Strib says that he is in the press box watching every game.

Yah, i dont know about the rumor i heard. He is hurt, i know that. I see him at the x most games. Looks fine. So a concussion makes sense. I just dont know how someone who never gets hit gets a concussion.

According to a NHL news site....

"Bouchard suffered a concussion last season and he thinks he never fully healed when he was cross-checked in the first pre-season game this season." From what I remember the hit was from behind and downright vicious.

As for tonight, it sounds like Dubie is starting between the pipes....I hope to see him have a good game against an awful oilers lineup. Go get em' WILD!

Ill be at the game, just as i have every single game this year.

These home games have been very entertaining this year. We need to win these home games. Give the organization a record that is worth putting some money into.

Harding is definitely a trooper. 2 games ago he looked like he should have been pulled due to the hip injury. Tonight he got out of position and had to dive back in front of the net for a glove save. Too bad that ended his game. Great effort to get back and preserve the lead.

Fun game to watch tonight! Lots of scoring chances for the Wild. Latendresse is still producing and Havlat is coming around with his scoring touch. Harding played a good game until he was taken out after a big save! Khudobin got the Win, not a full game but made some nice saves on the Penalty Kill with that 1 goal lead.

I hope the goalie situation works out at least well.