• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Homemade Scent Killer Spray?

DonBo

I know Harvey Lee has a recipe that maybe he'll share? Please? smile

Anyone else have a home recipe that works? Man, the stuff on the shelves is sure expensive if you use as much as they suggest. I'm leaving in a week for a 9 day hunt. I'd have to use about 2 gallons of the stuff, yikes! cry

Don - I haven't attempted a batch myself but have had it bookmarked for quite a while. I'm sure there are other variations as well. Good luck.

16oz hydrogen peroxide

16oz distilled water

1/2 cup baking soda

1oz unscented shampoo

Step 1) Gently combine all the ingredients in a large bowl until all the baking soda dissolves. Pour this mixture into a 1-gallon lidded container. Let it sit for three days with the lid on loosely to allow gasses to escape.

Step 2) Fill a plastic bottle that has a trigger sprayer with the scent killer. Make sure it is clean.

I use what Sticknstring said but let all the gasses escape for about 11 days. I put sum in my spray bottle to soon once and when i sprayed it on my hand it smelt funky so I waited a few more days and it was fine. Only stuff i use!