• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

IPOD Touch

MN Mike

I was setting one up last week for business use for a client of mine and was completely impressed with it, enough so that I'm considering getting one for my own. The touchscreen has to be the best I've ever operated, makes the Blackberry Storms' touch keyboard look silly. We had the Touch teamed up with a Verizon MyFi since ATT doesn't have good coverage around here to justify an IPhone.

I don't really know where to start asking questions about these guys, I know they have the apps for them, are these the same apps as a IPhone? I probably won't use it for internet all the time, looks like they have a wide range of applications.

I'm not looking to go with the top dog, maybe just a middle of the road unit.

Thanks for any help.

Mike

I've had a 16gb for a couple of years - love it. My work started offering a discount for ATT so I finally went w/ Iphone and gave my wife the Touch.

Most of the apps work for both, although obviously there are more available for the Iphone. Tons of great apps for Touch. It gets 2 thumbs up from me.

I've had the 8gb for a year and a half. I love it. Many apps are the same for the IPhone. Just look, some are specific to the IPhone. That is one of the big reasons to get one, the wealth of Apps available. There is one for nearly everything!

I don't use a laptop nearly as much for checking mail, check the weather, some light surfing.

I've got movies burned to mine and on flights watch on the Touch over pulling out a laptop and watching on that. I'm not a big Apple fan but this thing has been one of the better small electronic gadgets I own.

Have a 32gb touch since last January, just love it. With so many hot spots for WiFi these days its perfect taking it on vacation and checking email and web for forecast info. I don`t dare count

how many Apps I have bought for it. Just looking at Itunes when it syncs is scary some days.

Its cheap entertainment for those hurry up and wait days.

Oh yeah, I have about 10 hours worth of movies i bought from Itunes on it and 8gb of music, 5 gb of pictures. Just need to

buy a good speaker dock for it now.

Thanks for the info guys, I think I had my Apple blinders on a little too tight too, this little bugger snuck up on me and impressed me pretty good.

If I look at it right, there are no cameras included or a FM tuner correct? Not a deal breaker for me but I figured I would ask.

Have you downloaded any apps that you find very helpfull?

Thanks

Mike

Oh my god, the app store is so overwhelming with good stuff to use its unreal. There are over million apps to choose from. may are free to. If you have Itunes installed on your computer give

the Itunes app store a look over, there is some incredible apps

to play with.

BTW, Walmart is selling the 32gb touch model now for $295.99 here. I bought mine at Radio Shack for $399.00. Shoulda waited.

Thinking about giving my First gen touch to my son and upgrading.

Yes, I've had ITunes for many years, just no IPod. I'll have to take a look at the apps when I get a chance, I heard that they had a TON of them.

What was the difference between the 1st gen and the 2nd gen?

I would think the 32gb model would be plenty for me.

Mike