• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lund Alaskan VS Crestliner Canadian?

AaronM

Bought a new 18 Lund Alaskan tiller with 75 etech this spring. Upgrade from 1984 sylvan backtroller with 50HP tiller which I bought new - it served me very well. Did as much research and looking as I could. For me, 18', tiller with the open layout and no casting deck was a must. That limits choices to a just a few. Starcraft also makes one that is similar but no nearby dealers to really look it over. Was difficult to bite the bullet and buy new but that was only way to get exactly what I wanted. Absolutely love it - handles big water great, will haul a load, simple, functional, plenty of storage, and the though a big boat not to heavy to pull up on rock ledge in Canada. No buyers remorse here. Exactly what I hoped for.

Dan

I have the Alaskan tiller too - 60 Etec. I looked at the Crestliner Canadian, Alumacraft Camp Boat, Lund Outfitter, and Lund Alaskan. The thing that ended up selling me on Lund was the Sport Track accessory system - no more drilling holes to mount rod holders, cup holders, and all of that - and complete flexibility to put them where you want them when you want them there - like when you want to change rod holder configurations when you are running downriggers and planers, etc. From a specs perspective - they are all similar and all have relatively limited rod storage, which is the big minus of this type of boat. The big plus - very easy to clean, very easy to fish out of, and very easy to maintain. Plus you can't argue with the better control you get from a tiller. The bad part of the tiller is also obvious - limited visibility for the driver, when you have passengers, as well as running in rain or snow can make it a bit hard to see with no wind screen. But - the wide open layout of a tiller makes the boats fish like they are 2 feet longer than they really are, which is why I switched from console on my last boat to tiller on this one...

I HAVE 2004 20FT LUND ALASKAN TILLER WITH YAMAHA 75 4 STROKE. I AGREE WITH EVERYTHING MINNESOTA FATS AND RIVERVIEW STATED. I STEPPED INTO ONE OF THESE AT A LEECH LAKE RESORT IN 2003 AND PURCHASED ONE IN 2004. THE SPORT RAILS ARE AWESOME. I'VE ADJUSTED THEM SO MANY TIMES FOR DIFFERENT WAYS OF FISHING OR HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE IN THE BOAT, OR EVEN FOR MY AVERY DUCK BLIND, AND NEVER DRILLED ONE HOLE EXCEPT FOR THE TRANSDUCER ON THE TRANSOM AND MOUNTING THE BOW MOUNT TROLLING MOTOR.

I LOVE IT WHEN I PULL UP NEXT TO SOMEONE AND HEAR THEM SAY TO THEIR BUDDIES, "WOW, LOOK AT THE ROOM THAT THING HAS IN IT"

EXACTLY!!!

I think the lund has a better boat

I have had both and still have a 2006 Lund dual console 20 with a 115 Yamaha

it rides like a cadillac

I am not a tiller guy but the alsakin has a much better layout

good luck should be some buys

mn out doors has ads retailon boats each week and some closeouts look like great prices

I BOUGHT THIS BLIND USED. I DON'T KNOW IF IT IS MADE FOR AN ALASKAN OR FOR A LONG FLAT BOTTOM DUCK BOAT. IT DOES FIT NICELY ON MY ALASKAN. I THINK IT IS CALLED AN AVERY QUICK SET BLIND. THE FRAME IS AROUND 12FT LONG WITH AN ELASTIC EXTENSION THAT GOES OVER THE BOW. IT OPENS AND CLOSES LIKE A FISH TRAP. I PAID $500 AROUND 4 YEARS AGO, I THINK THEY RETAILED FOR $800-$900.

Has anyone ever been in an Alaskan with the front bench? Similar to:

9325k22_18.jpeg

Do they hinder fishing in the boat? I love Alaskans because they're wide open, do you still have that feeling in these 90's style boats?

is there a live well in it? my 96 doesnt have a livewell,(but ther is a areator switch. I have a lockable locker on the right side about 12 inches wide and over 6 feet long. the fuel tank is on the left. where would the livewell go in this boat. I tried to get one from lund but there arent available. any ideas where i should put one?