• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

modern warfare 2

bgreen82

this game is pretty good im in the top 30,000

Nice

That’s pretty impressive. I have a couple guys on my FL that I consider to be pretty darn good, and none have broken the top 100,000.

You must play 24/7 because other than having a modded box, that is about the only way to be “up there” on the leaderboard. Seriously, you can quit playing for a few hours and drop down thousands of places.

Something tells me that the top few thousand don’t hold down steady employment wink

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty sure you're right dtro. Although, I know a guy that took a week of vacation to play this game.

I knew a few on my PS3 friends list that took a couple days off, bad thing is it wasn't working too good the first few days, and last wednesday the PSN servers crashed, so there was no online all day, so a few wasted vacation days.

Personally I don’t get annoyed about “camping” mostly because everyone’s definition of camping is a little different. What drives me nuts is everyone belly aching and crying during gameplay about the camping. It’s simple, shut your pie hole and go take the dude out. Sometime I wish I could get a care package to call in the wambulance.

Camper this, noob tube that, martyrdom this, painkiller that.

Seriously, if you are fairly new to the game, or just not up to the level of everyone else and keep getting killed, isn’t the most appealing thing to do is just find a corner, lay down and wait for someone to come by? Hard to blame guys for doing that.

I fully admit that most everyone is better than me, I pretty much suck, but I personally find that a challenge and makes the game more fun.

It’s frustrating, aggravating, challenging, yet fun all wrapped up into a bundle.

we will have to hook up some night.as was said before about the earphones.man what a big diff you can hear them comming clear as a bell.it works well on search and destroy.but im always undectable anyways.

I equipped cold blooded for a while, but found that I preferred hardline much better. I need all the help I can get with my killstreaks.

Once people start using cold blooded, then EMD’s pop up and then cold blooded is essentially worthless.

HAHA Dtro you nailed it on the camping whiners, im so sick of it. If you stop at a spot for a second in this game people call you a camper. If someone is camping the same spot and killing you shame on you for letting it happen over and over, you know where they are kill them or avoid that area, simple. I can be successful in both running and camping and do both depending on the map and my weapon choice. Usually when I do "camp" I make a few kills, slip away usually to another spot within sight of the first and kill 'em again as they try to get that dang camper, this tactic usually results in histarical nerd rage in the lobby.

Id be down for a FM team game. PSN= datBthunder.

As far as cold blooded I only use it on my sniping class and what they mean by stop a killstreak with it you need to have it enabled and shoot down helicopters, uavs, harriers, or take out sentries. Put on cold blooded and a stinger, you'll take down most anything that flies in one hit, complete the challenges, and really help your team out.

I just took a break after playing for the first time the past hour or so and all I can say is holy moly. An entirely different ballgame than COD 4 that's for sure.

It's definitely more tactical than COD 4 and it somewhat takes the runners-n-gunners out of their element which is nice. I think after everybody starts to feel more comfortable people will start to move around a little more, but right now it's steep learning curve trying to figure out weapons, maps, perks, etc. so they are a little more hesitant to venture out into the open. That's my take on it so far anyway.

The more you play, the more you realize how understanding the maps and the routes people take is key.

You can develop a pattern in which you know someone will "come around this corner" or "be looking out this window", or "crouched down on this roof"

Unfortunately that takes countless hours of nonstop playing and most people can't sacrifice the time it takes.

Those guys that keep killing us can wink

It's called map awareness and it does not take countless hours of playing. Some people simply can pick up patterns very very quickly. Some people are simply better at keeping track of multiple items that let them understand almost completely. Generally people with great map awareness hate the kill cam, while people with poor map awareness tend to sit and watch the kill cam.

Other people simply understand the games mechanics better and can use it to their advantage. To make the game "playable" for everyone there is a noticeable amount of assist on the targeting. So if you zoom in and zoom out and your aim has moved slightly, you know there is a target in front of you, regardless of whether it is actually possible to see the target or not.

That said I don't play CoD, as I prefer more objective oriented gametypes (where map awareness and control is absolutely vital to success).

And dont stand in the smoke either....when it falls it will kill you.....lol.

Game is pretty good...I cruised threw the single player and the storyline I think is great. I have a tendency to rush through the story line on easy just to enjoy it. I have only played a few multiplayer rounds. Game seems pretty legit to me. I just bought tonight being stuck in the woods since it came out.

Yeah, that's hilarious.

I was playing with a friend the other night, he gets killed and he spawns rights right next to me (who just happens to be waiting patiently for a care package). I'm looking over at the smoke and watch him take aff and run around the smoke to avoid it, and the package bounces off something and smashes him. Geez, I'm still laughing about that one. laugh

and about the map awareness....

No doubt some players can pick up the nuances better than most, but I’ll put my money on the better than average dude that plays 24/7 vs GamerPro with super map awareness who just recently picked up the game.

As a perfect example, I played for several hours the first night and didn’t even see every map.

Not sure how long it takes the guys with map awareness, but after about 40hrs of gameplay myself, I’m finally starting to feel comfortable with the maps.

I didn’t realize there was any aim assist on this game. Is that true? Single player has it, but not sure about multiplayer.

what is everyones fav. weapon. i am tearing it up right now with the TAR. sunday night my k/d ration was .75. as of last night using the tar for only a day im at a .86 its so good for both distanced attacks and hip fire shots up close.