• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Identify this one! PICS ADDED!

MN Shutterbug

You don't think this is a good one? wink

Dave, I think you are correct. I got a call from the manager of an area state park who also thought the same. He lives just down the street from this location. We had a tough time spotting them. When he saw them yesterday, they were in their nest. Today, there was some street construction going on right under the tree, so they were hiding higher up. The construction is over so maybe they by morning they will be back in the nest and maybe mommy will be with them. The manager did spot the adult flying into some trees as soon as the constuction equipment left.

The forecast falls for a lot of wind tomorrow, so it's going to be tough. The leafy branches will be constantly blowing around. At least it's only 2 miles from home.

A very cool image... that you achieved a look from the heron with both eyes showing well makes the shot imo, and the perspective is great as well. Good luck on your future endeavors!

Mike, I don't really know how you're going to beat that one, or why you think it's not that good, but the look-down from the beady eyes and the POV gives a perspective not often seen, and a funny look at that. The backlighting doesn't bother me a bit, partly because it's needed to highlight the fuzzy head. smilesmile

Have fun reshooting. Always better to be shooting than not!

Don't worry, Dave. I knew what you meant. If I would have thought otherwise, I'd have had the mad smiley instead of the winking smiley, in my reply. grin

Anyway, after 2 more stops, I managed to get a few more.

Thanks guys, for the comments.

3725580854_6670ce9c3a_o.jpg

3725580972_dd42534199_o.jpg

3725581078_9ab34540ca_o.jpg

3725581238_ce244ff8fa_o.jpg

3724772575_409fae091e_o.jpg

3725581516_2da2fea979_o.jpg

3725637210_4bab0497b4_o.jpg