• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Shaq to the Cavs

Scott M

The Cavs acquired center Shaquille O'Neal from the Phoenix Suns for forward/center Ben Wallace, a second-round selection in the 2010 NBA draft and cash considerations.

At least LeBron and Shaq will have some fun with interviews and pregame introductions.

He should fit better with Cleveland as they play more half court than Phoenix does. Still, not sure if he's worth the 20 million or whatever they'll have to pay him. Plus, now they have either Varejo or Illgauskas sitting on the bench a lot.

I think it would have made more sense to spend the money on someone like Turkoglu or save it for Chris Bosh.

Yeah, Shaq getting dunk after dunk when Lebron breaks down the defense and hands it off.

I read somewhere that they were going to try to resign Vareajo so it will be interesting to see what they do.

Personally, I think they're just doing it to pacify Lebron. They want to show him they're committed to winning so he doesn't bail next year. I think he's gone to NY anyway.

This is the year to scoop up free agents while other teams hold their money for Lebron, Wade and Bosh next season.

there are no good free agents out there...........plus Shaq's contract comes off the books after this year I believe so they will have the money to go after any of the free agents next year....I bet Ron Artest sign a mid-level contract to play with Lebron and Shaq next year.........and the Cav's will win the championship in 09-10 season!!!!

everywhere but Phoenix and Orlando............he has won in 2 of the 4 cities he has played in....he did go to the finals with Orlando but did not win......

i think shaq got a little sour that kobe won that title alone

who cares, still need players around you. One guy just cant win it! Ya Kobe is a rock star, and the best in the game right now, but still needs the guys around him to get there

It probably won't make a huge difference unless Artest causes waves and gets into trouble. I don't think he will on this team. Both are great defenders. Ariza has a better touch from outside, but Artest can shoot the three and is a better scorer down low. I'm sure the the Lakers wanted to keep Ariza because he's young but couldn't let Odom go. They're built to win now.