• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2009 King of the Cats Weeklong Shootout

DTro

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all I would like to thank everyone for their participation that is what makes these little contests a success. Also thanks for your prompt entries, everything worked like a well oiled machine and I’m looking forward to doing this again real soon.

Now on to what everyone is waiting for.

The contest was a story of two outcomes, the guys that did really well and the guys that didn’t. Unfortunately personally I was in the latter group. frown

In the third place slot and winner of $25, ending up with 158.5 total pts and a big fish of 56.5 pts is Alagnak **applause**

DSC_0178.jpg

DSC_0182.jpg

DSC_0189.jpg

In the second place slot and winner of $50 ending up with 165.5 total pts and a big fish of 71.5pts is 4wanderingeyes **applause**

100_0516.jpg

100_0518.jpg

100_0523.jpg

And in the first place slot and winner of $86 ending up with 181.5 total pts and a big fish of 65.5pts is ec30_06 **applause**

0042.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

014.jpg

Here is how the rest of the field finished:

Hotpocket -- 144.5

Steve D-- 132.5

Riverhog-- 117.5

Pierbridge --116

Flaco651 --112

DTro --74

Elwood-- 43

Shackbash --43

Wastewaterguru --41

Riverrunnerz --36.5

Lowblazah –36

Captain Fireman-- 0

LFC-- 0

Uppdacreek --0

I will be sending payments out to the winners within the next 24hrs.

Thanks again everyone.

Very nice job to the winners and all. I know some serious fishing was done by everyone in the event.

I should have picked Sunday. I would have had a better showing with 3 fish. Someone rang the dinner bell about a half hour after my day 2 deadline.

Thanks Darren for putting this on. I look forward to the next one.

I had one more larger fish I could have submited, but choose not to. I dont think it would have put me over Ed anyway!

Nice job guys and thanks for putting this on DTRO it was fun and a good reason to work a little harder than usual. I blanked when fishing for an upgrade my second night. If only I had one more 15-20 pounder!

Nice job to the winners. I tried to get Pierbridge on some fish Monday and we certainly had plenty of bites. But we each missed a couple that could have drastically changed the outcome.

We'll get 'em next time Gary

You sure did John and thank you for staying out until 3AM on a work night that was much appreciated. The late hour Fish that came unbuttoned boat side and the hook set snap off killed me!

Then again when you have 2 days to catch 3 fish and you only enter 2 fish you really don't deserve anything! Even a decent Channel or small flat for my 3rd Fish would have giving me a shot at placing!

Shoulda woulda coulda.... grin

Congrats to the winners and thanks DTRO!

I forgot to mention that ec30_06 becomes the first to qualify for the Custom Rod giveaway. In the event that he qualifies via the main KOTC contest, then it will go to Alagnak and so on.