• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

archery ranges

huskminn

There is a nice one located on Lexington Ave. about a mile north of Hwy 694.
About a dozen lanes, a few of them are 40 yards. Don’t forget to bring the bug-spray!
It’s right behind the old Twin Cities Arsenal, too bad they don’t open that up for a special permit bow-hunt!

Cabin Fever in Victoria has a nice 20-yard range indoors and 40 yard outside.

There is one right off the parkway between Lake Calhoun and Lake Harriet too.

------------------
Chells

Rapids archery in Coon Rapids is the best place I have been to by far! They have many targets at different distances as well as stands to shoot from at different distances... your shooting at deer & bear and so on.... it's nice and since I can't post their HSOforum, I'll try and be creative... try rapidsarchery. either org or com and see what you find.

Johnny B wrote,

quote:

It’s right behind the old Twin Cities Arsenal, too bad they don’t open that up for a special permit bow-hunt!

It is open for a special archery hunt, but it's youth only.

There is a range at Keller Park north of Lake Phalen.(Hwy 61)

There is also a range in Bunker Hills Park.

Tarten Park in Lake Elmo, but you may have to be a member to walk the range, but I think the practice lanes are open to the public. There is also sod butts available for broadheads.

There is also indoor ranges at Bwana & Compound Doc.

Just remembered a couple more, Lake Elmo Park reserve, and Oakdale Gun Club has a few butts never shot my bow at either.

I think thats it.

[This message has been edited by metrojoe (edited 08-20-2003).]

Another vote for the Rapids/Bunker Hills park archery range. It's in the Bunker Hills park in Coon Rapids off Hansen Blvd. There's one field range and three hunting ranges. rapidsarchery.org is the web site for the club.

Yeah, I read in the regs-book that it was open for a youth hunt. Unfortunately, that would exclude me.

Some of the ranges that are being listed do charge a fee. We should also include that information as well. Although I am not sure of the cost I know that Bwana & Compound Dr. charge for lane time and I believe that you have to be a member of the Oakdale Gun Club in order to shoot or you are limited to “public hours”.

The outdoor range in Chanhassen located by Lake Susan was closed for the year because they were doing some work back there. I work right next to the park and I was going to teach someone how to shoot a bow this year at this spot... oh well. There is also an archery range in Plymouth, at least there was 2 years ago so I don't know if it's still there. It was in the park across from Lifetime sports center. The range was not setup well since they staggered the shooting positions and not the targets so from time to time people would be shooting at 20 yards and another at 50 yards!!! I have my own range now that I can shoot out to 100 yards on so I have not shot any other ranges recently.

There is a really nice one on the Rosemount and Inver Grove Heights border. It's at the Spring Lake park preserve.

They have about 30 or so targets. 5 yards to 70 yards. Stands to shoot from also. There are deer, bear, turkey, elk, and antelope targets. Really sweet course.

Take HWY 52 south to Pine Bend Rd. Take left. Follow dirt road until you see the signs.

There is public targets set up in the lake calhoun, lake of the isles parks that are free of charge. You will need to bring your oun targets but they have nice hay bail set ups to put them on.