• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

3 bank charger

bucketmouth64

Question

13 answers to this question

I have a 30 amp (10,10,10)and it works great. I don't think I would go any smaller. I have 29 series batteries and it will charge them in about 7-8 hours. If you don't mind longer charge times the smaller one will be fine.

On mine each bank is isolated so you can have 2 banks hooked to the 2 individual batteries of the 24 volt system (A positive and negative wire for each battery). You do not need to disconnect anything just plug it in.

I was talked into a minnkota 315. 5,5,5 amp by a salesman at a central mn well known chain store. Works great!

Some say they would never go less than 10 amp/bank but 5 amp/bank is sufficient for most people. Plus its easier on the batteries long term. The charger itself was also about $100 less than the 3 bank, 10 amp (330). I think a lot of people get caught up that they need a minimum of 10amps..I was one of them. Its not too often my batteries are completely warn down where over night would not be long enough to top them off.

Most of the time in 4-6 hours I have three green lights with my 5 amp on my 27 series batts! I totally comes down to how much time there is between trips. But again, the 5 amp works good for me. $0.02

I went to make some measurements in the compartment where the batteries are stored and found that the space is too small for a 3 bank charger. My single bank charger fits. My choices are to:

1). Mount a 3 bank charger on the back side of the hatch (only two screws would hold it).

2). Don't mount it and manually hook up the charger up after fishing.

3). Mount the single bank and buy a two bank charger and mount it on the hatch or manually hook it up.

Any opinions or suggestions would be helpful.

You could mount it remotely. I have two batteries in a bow hatch and one in a rear hatch. I mounted the 3 bank charger under the console against the back wall where your feet go. The wires are then run 2 sets up front and one set to the rear. This keeps the charger in open air which is better for cooling also.