• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What do you tow your boat with?

Jim Uran

Pull a 1850 Fish Hawk with a 150 Opti with a F150 with little problem except for the days with a good headwind on the interstate. Slurps gas though...10 mpg on average (5 on a windy day probably)
A friend was going across SD driving a 04 F150 5.4 pulling an 03 Alumacraft 200 Trophy. Headwind about 60 mph. 25 gallon tank, had to stop for gas every 60 mile or so. He said you had to park into the wind or you couldnt get the doors shut!

Driving into a head wind across NoDak one time, getting about 5 or 6 mpg. When I complained about the wind while paying for gas in Bismark the girl behind the register told me they couldn't control it. "Montana blows and Minnesota s*cks and we're just caught in the middle."

Leech-- My wife pulls her 21.5 Chapral with a Trailbrazer ext. I pulled the first time when she got the boat I tought it did a pretty good job. That 6 banger has little power in it. Her boat weights more that the tyee by a bit.

15 MPG in my '05 Nissan Frontier pulling the same boat steffanf has a pic of, a 14' lund with a 25 4 stroke but no console. 19.5 MPG without. I'm waaay under my tow rating and can't really tell the boat is there.

Well, you may not have a console, but you have two motors on the back of your boat. I know I have a 40 HP, but your two motors probably make up for that in the weight category.