• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

HSO Club Fishing & Outdoor Info Forum

Trouthunter

Hey guys,

I was wondering what type of info would be posted in there that isnt posted in the main (free) forums?

It seems as though the people who are named in the pay forums have an interest in posting free forums, since many are sponsors too. I just was wondering if people (not moderators) found valuable info in there and if it was worth it to sign up.

Also, just thinking along the lines of community, since FM cracks down on any real commercial endorsing of products, what is the impact to the quality of data in the main forums? Can you post dead fish pics and use vulgar language, etc?

I've been a member of this community for a couple of years and it's definetly a change that I didnt see coming.

BD

Running sites is expensive, many forums have a VP or premire membership created to help offset costs and to give members a place to share info between a smaller group. I have found most times you may get better info on these closed forums since guys may be sharing info more freely. I think you get out of a private forum what you put into it. From what I see as a new HSO Club member, the new forum should be a big hit and to me while it may have limited info for my area it will help determine where I may travel for future trips. Once things get underway here I hope to provide usefull info that may help others.

Originally Posted By: Trouthunter
Can you post dead fish pics and use vulgar language, etc?

one great thing about FM, that puts this web site above others, The moderators keep it CLEAN.

Thanks opsirc! smile , but I have got to say it is just as much the fellow FM'ers, than the staff that makes FM/HSO a great site! You guys rock grin! For as many members that FM/HSO has, I have never known a greater group (mass) of people than there is on here!

My thoughts on the new “HSO Club Fishing & Outdoor Info - PMs too!” forum

is that it is and will be a great place to get leading edge info, from those who are in the know.

Sounds a little cliché grin I know, but this being a slow time of the year/season(s) for fishing and hunting, some of the info, reports, topics, threads and other stuff happening in the HSO Club forum right now is just the beginning of greater things to come wink.

As an active member of this new forum, I have found out many new and intresting things about fellow members/staff, with some great info/tips besides. Like I said, it is slow right now on the reports (water temp and season closed), but if you are into Rainy River Sturgeon or any of the lower Pools on the Miss., some great info is to be had and some monster fish have been caught wink . Plus! Some great reports on Turkey movement, lake openings, panfish reports and Great Lakes trout action is being shared. All this info is from professional fisherman, guides, staff and FM’ers who have signed up. Very open format, with the detailed info being open also smile . Basically it is like subscribing to a Fishing Minnesota Magazine with the info provided. wink I know when Dtro gets in full swing this summer with some great river action, you know there will be some awesome video(s) rolling in their! Heck grin, I even have a video in one of my threads from a recent trip that I have not posted in the regular forums.

I am not a guide, I do not make a living at fishing/hunting, I am not on the tour, but I have a huge passion for fishing/hunting and helping others enjoy these great sports. I can not speak for anyone other than myself when it comes to the amount detailed info being posted in this new forum. When it comes to me it will be “all out” wink , as much info as I can provide and no question will go unanswered. I enjoy helping people out when it comes to the outdoors (and more) and hearing about them getting on fish/game from the info I provided them. Those of you who have talked personally with me and who have asked me questions, know how much I will tell ya or show you on the map smile . I hold back in the public forums out of respect for others, but in this forum I am personally not holding back anything. Relaxed back ground on images, detailed area and lake info, maybe map(s) with a GPS cord or two to help people who ask for detailed info about an area I know or fished, as many video’s I can make and maybe some other things very cool down the road. The only info I will hold back on is exact spots and locations I have been shown by others, again out of respect wink . Anything short of that is fair game!

Now, this is just me again grin, but the way the forum is flowing right now, I feel many of the contributors in the HSO Club forum are on the same page/direction as I am.

When you are ready, come check it out! smile

I have not met you face to face, but the information I have gotten from you by email and on the forum has been well worthwhile. Although I didn't purchase a snowmobile last winter you helped me a lot in making my decision for next winter. Your video on installing Hi-fax was fantastic and I wish the moderators would have made it a sticky subject on top of the ice fishing forum. Will you be doing anymore on different subjects and posting them on the paid forum?

So are we going to see less info on the free forums because we haven't subscribeded to the HSO Club Forum?

[Note from admin: We don't believe so. As we've been told by many members and we do believe them that folks will share more details if the group is smaller. We can say with certainty that there is some good info being shared in there.]

I think you'll see less details in the free forums, as Shackbash said, by those in the "know".

Plus side:

Closed circuit, less concern there are browsers just gleaning what is posted without adding to the site.

Not expensive at $2.99/mo.

Negative side (to me):

I don't have a paypal account. I realize its the way of the Internet world but I'm not there yet.

[Note from admin: No need to have a paypal account, you can use your credit card or debit card.]

An easy way to keep lurkers off is make them have to be registered to see the forums. How long until it all goes to the pay forums?

[Note from admin: we are not going to be a pay site!!!. The info in the regular forums has been improving along with significant growth in the number and quality of folks who use the forums. We see no reason for that to change.]

I wish the best and success for FM on its new venture. I don't feel the free forums will suffer as for info . Besides its not just about the info the regulars visit the site.

Time will tell if creating an HSO Club forum will affect enrollment to the site, I don't think it will, minimum at the most. Now if those that have shared info decide to hang out in the HSO Club Forum and visit the other forums less often and quality goes down the results may differ.

I look at the HSO Club as buying a popular DVD or magazine pertaining to fishing. If I want to purchase it, I will. If I do not want to purchase it, I won’t. But, 9 times out of ten I will buy it just to see what it is about (at least before I make an opinion), possibly learn or enjoy something and make my decision if I am going to buy it again in the future.

I plan to be as active as always on FM. My report in the HSO Club forum might have more detail than the report I give in the corresponding forums on greater HSO/FM. If the addition info helps anyone, all the better (IMO). Plus if someone would like to ask or PM me about additional detailed info, I will help to the best of my ability, just like the bait shop owners have for me in the past and the resort mangers that pointed on the map and said “Go here”.

As Rick has said “The rest of the site will be managed as it always has.".

It is just a very cool addition that some will find useful and helpful. smile

I have not met you face to face, but the information I have gotten from you by email and on the forum has been well worthwhile. Although I didn't purchase a snowmobile last winter you helped me a lot in making my decision for next winter. Your video on installing Hi-fax was fantastic and I wish the moderators would have made it a sticky subject on top of the ice fishing forum. Will you be doing anymore on different subjects and posting them on the paid forum?

Thanks Iambjm smile When you and your husband are ready, I would be willing to try and meet up with you and pick the best one out.

Their maybe a couple things down the road I would like to try in the new forum. If they fail, their would be less of an audience to watch me bomb grin Pretty much anything I do in the new forum would pertain to fishing and hunting trips/reports.

Any other reports, threads or video's (like the hi-fax one) would be better served and more helpful right in the main forums of FM.

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Hi all,

the HSO Club Fishing & Outdoor Info Forum was put in place because a number of members and staff asked for it and in this economy it makes sense from a business standpoint as well.

They asked for it because they wanted a forum where they could share more detailed info to a smaller group. Whether that actually continues to occur or not remains to be seen.

Is it possible the other 100+ forums have less good info being posted in them because of it? It's possible but we highly doubt it. People are still posting like they always have.

There are no plans to make this site a pay site. So rest easy and continue to enjoy all of the free forums.

As for the folks posting in there, some are HSO Club members. I asked our moderators if they would consider creating their own threads in there. Some did and the threads they created are starting to look pretty good. Any HSO Club member is free to do the same.

We've been struggling for sometime in how to allocate the resouces for Private Messages (PMs). That has now been added for those who decide to subscribe to that forum as another added benefit.

The bottom line, regardless if you decide to subscribe or not, is the forums will remain a great source of FREE information for all.

If anyone has any questions, concerns or comments with respect to how the forums are operated, we ask that you please use the Contact Us" link below-right.