• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New Boat Radio

Tip Up Rookie

Question

I am looking to finally upgrade the radio in my boat this year. The one that I have has trouble pulling in radio stations and after 4 years of messing with the dials its time for a swap. I am looking for just a basic radio/CD player.

Does anyone have any recomendations?

12 answers to this question

Hey Tip-up-

I have a satalite radio fm modulator in my boat. It sends the satalite radio signal to the fm radio already in my boat. I personally love it. I can listen to whatever I want and it never fades in and out.

Con: You have to pay for the sat. radio subscription.

Pros: I can move the fm modulator from my boat, to my pickup, to the fish house, etc. I listen to it a lot more than I thought I would.

Just a thought.

The way to go is Siriu or XM with cigarette lighter to power will send a perfect signal to any station near 88.1 f.m. you'll love the talk music and sports. Should only set you back 80 dollars if you order through their web site and it cost $14 a month only and as I read earlier and as I do it I'll take it out out of my Mustang and put it on my 16 foot Fisher bass boat.

I use my Delphi satellite radio in my boat quite often. I just move it from my truck to the boat, so I dont have to have a subscription to the boat radio.

I also would suggest getting weather band radio capabilities. I use mine all the time. First thing in the morning, I turn on the weather band and listen to the days forecast. When they are predicting impending weather, I turn it on in the boat often.

If you don't want to have a cover for your radio, Sony makes some marine stereos now that are UV, salt, and water proof: CDX-HS70MW and CDX-H910UI. Not too expensive if you look around. I just added the HS70MW to my boat this spring.