Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TravP

Tica reels

14 posts in this topic

I use tica reels on all my ice rods but they make open water reels as well. Has anybody used them? Hows the qaulity?

Thanks,

TravP

I have been wondering the same thing Travis. With the level of quality offered in the small package like the Cetus, you would have to imagine the bigger reels are pretty darn good as well.

In my opinion Tica makes a very high quality reel. All of my fly reels are outfitted with Tica and would like to try out a spinning reel. I have been using Pfleuger over the past few years and highly recommend them as well.

I have used many different Tica reels but I have found that for the same money or just a bit more, the Okuma's are also a great option with a smoother reel.

i take mine off my ice rod and put on my summer rods. works great and a good reel

i used my tica ice reels last year for open water and they work fine but with the small spool you have to watch your line otherwise you get loops and messes.....

I use my ticas from my ice rods on my ultralight too but they make bigger models for open water.

i heard you could buy a summer spool that goes on your current reel.......

i'm curious about the larger versions for walleye rods

i take mine off my ice rod and put on my summer rods. works great and a good reel

I am going to do the same thing this year with my ultra light.

I own 2 Tica Libra 10BB reels and they have performed flawlessly. I believe they are priced around $60.00 each.

I don't think I will ever use the ice fishing real on open water after latching onto 15# channel while fishing for crappies. Not enough line. I did find a mid size real from Rapala that seemed to work really well last year.

-

Thanks Harvey lee for the review. I was really impressed with the ice fishing real. I'm going to purchase one of the full size reals for that Extendable Limit Creek I plan on getting before the opener.

TICA reels are very common in the saltwater crowd so you know they will stand up. I had several larger spinning reels that I used for striper fishing and then for pike. Never had an issue with them.