• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

draw loc

blarkey

Back in the day when I first started bowhunting one of the old guys in our group had one. He put his boot on the riser and starting pulling it back, crossbow style. Just about at full draw the riser slipped off his boot and that baby came launching up at him in a hurry! It caught him right in the chest and stopped - it was late season in Dec and he had plenty of clothes plus coveralls on. Couple inches higher though it would have got him in the neck - would not have been pretty, possibly fatal.

I know for a fact they are illegal if you are not handicapped don't know if you can with a crossbow permit. I was watching the outdoor channel a couple years ago and the owner of drawlock was filming a bear hunting show in northern minnesota and I think their was 3 or 4 people that used the drawlock to take a bear and it struck me as funny knowing they are illegal.

The guy's name is Jerry Goff, he's an ex boxer. You can tell he used to box by how slow his brain works when you have a conversation with him. I met him at a bear camp in Alberta about 5 years ago. He had his contraption with him and I get the benefit of using it if you are handicapped, but it was a monstrosity to shoot. You actually have to pull back with your bow arm and push with your release arm, as if you were squeezing the bow to shoot it. The opposite of normal form. It was heavy, unbalanced, and the recoil was huge. He also crippled and didn't recover 3 bears during his hunt. The show he eventually aired for that hunt was filled with amateur footage from me and the 3 guys I went with, because he couldn't kill anything. Maybe he has improved on the design since then, but you couldn't give me one of those things, even if they were legal.