• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

My favorite pastime.....

Well i know most everyone on here is into Birding but i would like to share some racing pic's.. No Nascar im not into that but open wheel is where its at. If this isnt the place for this then i will delete the topic..All were shot this summer with my 80-400mm Tokina AT-X 4.5 Please critique.. smile

Zeke

WatkinsGlenIRL08036-1.jpg

WatkinsGlenIRL08070.jpg

WatkinsGlenIRL08088.jpg

WilliamsGrove08053.jpg

WilliamsGrove08045.jpg

Those are some nice sharp images. I like the team name in the second image, the first sprint car is my favorite though. I might have tried a little slower shutter speed to show some more motion blur. Other than that this are good images.

As Yak said with airplanes and cars a slower shutter speed is preferable to show motion blur on the wheels. They just look strange with the wheels frozen. Usually 1/250s to 1/320s depending on how fast those wheels are turning will give you nice spoke blur.

This is one of those rare times where you can shoot in Tv mode, set the shutter speed you want and fire away. I'm a sports shooting guy so I personally love seeing these types of shots here. Keep on sharing!