• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Look at this pig caught on Waconia

Christopher Quast

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

better get used to people fishing by your house and stop complaining about it if you post up the lake you fish and brag about catching big fish on said lake..

The lake is big enough to where people can spread out and still catch fish... just because there was one fish in that spot doesn't mean there are more, plus fish can swim you have just as good a chance to catch a fish 50 feet from that spot as you do 10 feet.

People aren't going to spread out on Lake Waconia or any other lake for that matter. They are going to go where the house, trucks, sleds are to catch fish. Thus, in theory the OP will be fishing in shanty town this weekend. Hence...people...

well then, I see your point now. but still this is one of my biggest pet peeves which is why I move my house every other day... Ive learned that moving is the only way to stay out of the group. kinda sucks but its the only way. (in case you don't know yet, I HATE GROUPS) there are enough spots that I can go and still catch fish without being surrounded by people

Originally Posted By: LundDuckBoat
better get used to people fishing by your house and stop complaining about it if you post up the lake you fish and brag about catching big fish on said lake..

The lake is big enough to where people can spread out and still catch fish... just because there was one fish in that spot doesn't mean there are more, plus fish can swim you have just as good a chance to catch a fish 50 feet from that spot as you do 10 feet.

Thanks Tim Good Point!!!!!!! who knows maybe you guys will catch the only other one in the lake if you come and fish in my house LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted By: Cyberfish
It is a white crappie, they tend to weigh less per inch.

still it is huge, where is his fishhouse? whistlewink

Nope pretty sure it is a black, and my house is on the lake wink

The black spot on the gill flap and the bars on the side suggest a white, or a hybrid, but it was blurred in the pic so I could be wrong!

I seen your house it is the one with the window and the door, surrounded by snow! smirk

Honestly, I didn't think there was a population of white crappies in Waconia. I personally have never caught a single one compared to the thousands of black crappies. Correct me if I'm wrong but there are no white Crappies in Waconia.

Waconia has mostly blacks but most of the bigger crappies I have seen are whites or hybrids.

The hybrids are harder to tell, they look similiar to a black crappie, but they have the pronounced black spot on the gill flap and can have some bars or sometimes mostly spots. I think they tend to grow larger than the whites or blacks because they dont spawn, so they spend their whole live stuffing their face!

Also hybridization is more common when the population is mostly black crappies with only a few whites. Tonka has lots of them, linwood, whaletail,coon, many of these lakes that are full of small black crappies but occasionaly put out a monster slab, it probably is a hybrid.

Honestly, I didn't think there was a population of white crappies in Waconia. I personally have never caught a single one compared to the thousands of black crappies. Correct me if I'm wrong but there are no white Crappies in Waconia.

yup Mr. L... chris is correct I have caught a few white crappies out of waconia. I get them more so in the summer for some reason, not many tho