• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Netflix Instant Movies?

hoggs222

How many of you use Netflix Instant Movies? I see that they have a box that you can hook up to the internet and watch movies on-demand.

How is the download speed? Is the selection of movies worth it? I see they have 12,000 movies/tv shows available.

Is there newer movies available? Not new release new, but do you think there's 12,000 like they say?

Also, how often do they update them? There's not a lot of info on the netflix site.

How's the picture quality and do they have a good selection of High Definition movies?

I would probably buy the $99 box, since I have a ps3 and don't need another gaming system.

Blockbuster has a deal now if you rent 25 movies for $99 you get the box for free and after they run out movie rental is $1.99 a movie. Get new releases up to 30 days after dvd release.

I had netflix didnt like how they didnt send new releases depending on how often you rented. Blockbuster I feel is much better at sending new releases.

When you posted this, I figured I would go give this service another shot. I have an Xbox 360 and a top of the line Alienware. I have been a member of NetFlix for a few years.

I went to download a movie on my top of the line computer and had a horrid picture, crappy old, old movie choices of things I have seen a million times and my Internet was to slow to download it without waitng a few hours.

I haven't tried it through my 360 and won't there isn't much to choose from really. I really enjoy Netflix service however; this little feature needs some work.

Ed

They have a Starz category or something like that and there are quite a few recent movies in it available to watch instantly. I haven't watched any through the player, but my kids have watched a few on the laptop.

Been using Netflix for several years now and as soon as they went to streaming movies we have been watching them. There latest upgrade is allowing you to purchase a blue ray player with an ethernet connect. This will allow you to watch their movies directly to your TV or in our case to our home theater. Am waiting till after the holidays to see if the price on the blue ray player continues to fall then we will add one. You can also just buy the box for a hundred bucks but we are going to pay the extra and add the blue ray player. I have a broad band connection so quality is good. Lots of TV shows that I have missed, so there is a lot of stuff to watch and then current movie releases with the membership. As for the 12,000 tittles you have to go looking for what you want, their search function is not the greatest but there is a lot of programming there if you look.

i just started using this thru my 360 also, and have only been watching tv shows mostly thru the system and getting movies in mail. all the tv shows ive watched (office, friday night lights, weeds) are in hd and they download quick. plus it's nice cuz you can watch the instant movies on your computer still too. if you have cable internet it is nice.

If they had a bigger selection, I'd have to give it a thumbs up....but I find their selection of available 'instant' movies pretty weak.

As mentioned, the Office, 30 Rock, Weeds, etc are nice.

Movie-wise, I either hadnt heard of most of them OR they've been out for 8+ years.