Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dan Brelje

Vexilar Problems

12 posts in this topic

So i brought out the vexilar for the first time today, and to my disapointment it didn't work. When i turn the unit on there is no color on the screen. The wheel is spinning but no color shows up on the screen. Are there any suggestions on what to do or what is going on? Or is the unit shot? It is 10+ years old.

I'd guess the battery drained down over the summer ... If you had both power leads hooked up to the battery over the summer, that can happen.

The battery is fully charged. I did test it with the charger on and it would do the same thing frown

If it needs servicing, I think i remember reading a post that they will replace brushes, clean-up the inside, and go thru it for $60. If your's has never had any maintenance done, it might be due if it isn't the battery.

Could be one of the brushes lost contact with the com. It happened to me last year. I used a small hemostat and bent the armature back so the brush makes proper contact with the com

I thought someone mentioned they have instructions on brush cleaning on their site.

thanks for the help guys. I will try cleaning the brushes!!!!