Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Dellfin

Snowmobile Trailer Top Rack?

I would like to put a overhead rack on my Floe double snowmobile trailer to haul a portable ice shack/sled over the top of the snowmobiles.

Has anyone ever seen anything like this before? I suppose a welding place could fabricate something, but custom may be too pricey. Thoughts or advice..?

you could prolly get away with a strong roof top carrier for bikes. try thule(sp) or stop by a local ski shop and they could possibly help ya out good luck!

Why not just slide the rear of each snowmobile out to the side of the trailer and pull the fish house up on to the center of the trailer in between them, then tie it up to the front and strap it down on the rear.

This is what we do on an 8x10 trailer with my Otter resort and it works out great.

Yeah, I've done that and it works, thanks. But on trips to LOW and URL we usually have 2 snowmobiles, 2 houses/sleds, the coolers, etc. Looking for a way to haul the houses/sleds without jacking around the snowmobiles or turning the sleds (and all their contents) on their sides.

It wouldn't be hard for a welder to build something along the lines of tire racks built for race car trailers, just a bit wider for your portable...

Paying a lot of money to get exactly what you want is no fun at all. If i wanted to do that(great idea by the way) i would see about galvanized water pipe. Bolt two sets of flanges on both sides, far enough apart for distance of houses. I believe that some places will cut and thread the pipe for you(hardware store of some type). Go up from the flange over the sleds, put on an elbow, run across trailer, to next elbow and back down to flange. Use 2X8 or plywood to go from one pipe to the other to support house, securing with muffler type U clamp. Then put on a single or X cross bracing on each side(from front to back). A couple eye bolts for straps, and ready to go. Or the welding thing would work too!

Does anyone know anything about Crystal Welding off CR 81 in Maple Grove? Been seeing a few of their TV commercials lately and was thinking about asking them for a quote to build something for me. But, would appreciate some FM member opinions of them, as a business, if you have one.

Thanks.

Just a thought, but would a ladder rack that mounts to the box rails on a pickup work? Maybe you could cut it in half and widen it out to fit the width of your trailer? Should be able to pick one of those up cheap enough, if you have a little fabrication talent it might be a cheap way to go! Or just pick up two and mount them both on the trailer one for each house?

Just another thought, though it might be too pricey... what about selling the trailer and getting a 3 place? When you consider the price added it theoretically could be a wash... or maybe not. Sure would be easier to have it on the same level.

Good luck though and post pics if you fabricate stuff!

Does anyone know anything about Crystal Welding off CR 81 in Maple Grove?

I have not personally done business with them but the "word" is they are very good to work with.

Just another thought, though it might be too pricey... what about selling the trailer and getting a 3 place? When you consider the price added it theoretically could be a wash... or maybe not. Sure would be easier to have it on the same level.

Good luck though and post pics if you fabricate stuff!

I agree. Plus, not sure what two sleds, two ice houses w/gear, coolers, and a steel rack would weigh but I would check the weight limits on the trailer.