• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Snowmobile Trailer Top Rack?

Dellfin

I would like to put a overhead rack on my Floe double snowmobile trailer to haul a portable ice shack/sled over the top of the snowmobiles.

Has anyone ever seen anything like this before? I suppose a welding place could fabricate something, but custom may be too pricey. Thoughts or advice..?

Why not just slide the rear of each snowmobile out to the side of the trailer and pull the fish house up on to the center of the trailer in between them, then tie it up to the front and strap it down on the rear.

This is what we do on an 8x10 trailer with my Otter resort and it works out great.

Yeah, I've done that and it works, thanks. But on trips to LOW and URL we usually have 2 snowmobiles, 2 houses/sleds, the coolers, etc. Looking for a way to haul the houses/sleds without jacking around the snowmobiles or turning the sleds (and all their contents) on their sides.

Paying a lot of money to get exactly what you want is no fun at all. If i wanted to do that(great idea by the way) i would see about galvanized water pipe. Bolt two sets of flanges on both sides, far enough apart for distance of houses. I believe that some places will cut and thread the pipe for you(hardware store of some type). Go up from the flange over the sleds, put on an elbow, run across trailer, to next elbow and back down to flange. Use 2X8 or plywood to go from one pipe to the other to support house, securing with muffler type U clamp. Then put on a single or X cross bracing on each side(from front to back). A couple eye bolts for straps, and ready to go. Or the welding thing would work too!

Does anyone know anything about Crystal Welding off CR 81 in Maple Grove? Been seeing a few of their TV commercials lately and was thinking about asking them for a quote to build something for me. But, would appreciate some FM member opinions of them, as a business, if you have one.

Thanks.

Just a thought, but would a ladder rack that mounts to the box rails on a pickup work? Maybe you could cut it in half and widen it out to fit the width of your trailer? Should be able to pick one of those up cheap enough, if you have a little fabrication talent it might be a cheap way to go! Or just pick up two and mount them both on the trailer one for each house?

Just another thought, though it might be too pricey... what about selling the trailer and getting a 3 place? When you consider the price added it theoretically could be a wash... or maybe not. Sure would be easier to have it on the same level.

Good luck though and post pics if you fabricate stuff!

Just another thought, though it might be too pricey... what about selling the trailer and getting a 3 place? When you consider the price added it theoretically could be a wash... or maybe not. Sure would be easier to have it on the same level.

Good luck though and post pics if you fabricate stuff!

I agree. Plus, not sure what two sleds, two ice houses w/gear, coolers, and a steel rack would weigh but I would check the weight limits on the trailer.