• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

canned beverages are better on ice

fishwater

I keep blackberry brandy in the shack, but more for medicinal purposes. Ever see the Beverly Hillbilly's, where Grandma was always the Dr. of the house? First thing she'd come out with was a jug with a big white "X" marked across it, full of moonshine. There's a reason for booze being a cure-all to the cold weather blues. Usually cures a sore throat and a heavy head during a cold winter's night. Or at least it doesn't hurt from what I can tell...

Yeah you should start seeing Fat tire in cans everywhere its distributed soon...I was out at the brewery (New Belgium)in late may in Ft. Collins CO and they had just started canning their beer. If you guys like Fat tire you should pick up New Belgium sampler case which has fat tire, a pale ale, an organic wheat, and a dark ale, it's delicious.

Sorry guys, there are only seven kinds of beer that I'll drink,

warm, cold, wet, can, bottle, keg and free, and there are only 2 times that I drink alone or with somebody. smile

And remember don't drink and drive! you might spill!

All in fun and moderation is my motto.

And if you see me on the ice I'll be the guy wearing the Summit hat, made in St. Paul can't get much more local then that.

WW

Originally Posted By: Big Tom
Which store did you find them in and the price if you would?

Sutler's in Stillwater, I think it was 13.99/12 ..?

Thank you, Mr. Fishwater. Icefishing just got even better.

I love my beer too, but since I bought a flasher a couple years ago it's like I dont have time to drink if you know what I mean. Anyway some times when we're just fishing tip ups a bottle of Baileys is hard to beat IMO...coon

3 time New Belgium Brewery vet, here too. Gotta love the Abbey! I do miss their seasonal "Loft" that was a short time run, it was definately my fave. Did you try some of the their La Folie, the bitter cider-beer aged for 2 years while you were there? I brought a couple of bottles back to try with the family, and no one liked it other than my wife and I.

Never tried La Folie sounds amazing though...I'm a fan of 1554 of the ones you can get here. Skinnydip is great lighter beer too....when I was out there they had a dark ale with cherry that was called old cherry and really great...much tastier and uncomparable to other "fruit" beers that I've had. McGurk have you ever had coopersmiths beer in Ft Collins then? If you haven't you must try it when your out there and the best burgers ever.

Guys,

Remember to clean up after yourselves, I get really sick of the pigs out on the ice.

I always leave with more trash then when I started, I keep some extra garbage bags in my truck.

My uncle always told me as a kid, leave it better then when you found it, Dad didn't ice fish.

Have a couple of beers and have fun, but please don't litter.

WW

Guys,

Remember to clean up after yourselves, I get really sick of the pigs out on the ice.

I always leave with more trash then when I started, I keep some extra garbage bags in my truck.

My uncle always told me as a kid, leave it better then when you found it, Dad didn't ice fish.

Have a couple of beers and have fun, but please don't litter.

WW

Wally, good note to throw out there for sure, and I'm sure not one of those pigs...just enjoy a tasty ale or two while I kick back and try to out-wit a wiley walleye or crappie. Oh and I not only take my trash....I recycle it too!

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle ....cause this beautiful environment is the only one we got.

Nicely put guys. If you want to see my actions on this area just look in the bottom of my Trap Yukon. Its a great place to park the trash during a day on the ice. At times its more other peoples trash then mine.

HaHa, I agree my voyager becomes quite the catch all...you do have to try to remember to clean it out between outings...although a leftover sandwich will keep for quite a while in a -20 garage!