• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Doggie Daycare?!?

tealitup

A new place in my town opened up - called Doggie Daycare. My wife is set on bringing my lab there on Wednesday. She is very excited about it! She wants to have our pup go there one day a week.

I need some help here guys; in my head I can not justify bringing my dog to "daycare" ($20/day). Our dog has the run of the house while we are working and is usually home alone a max of 9 hours. She is spoiled (obviously).

So please help me justify bringing my dog to daycare!?!

The only benefit i see is that your dog isn't just laying around the house getting fat. if the dog has the opportunity to run and play with other dog i think it would be good exercise and a good time for your dog to socialize with other dogs. If the dog is just in a kennel not interacting with other dog and/or people then there is no reason to bring the dog there.

My lab has run of the house when the wife and I are gone as well. She just sleeps, like yours.

If I sent my lab there, she would just get nervous and drool alot. I think there would be too much anxiety for me to justify it but each dog is different. Yours may not be weird like mine.

Then there is always the chance of the dog contracting things like kennel cough, or a dog fight yada yada yada...

Not for me... dogs aren't people. You can get as much socialization when you are with your dog around other guys and their dogs... plus YOU control the situation.

Just another ploy to capitalize on a situation because people have forgotten that dogs are dogs and not children!

If you want your dog to go to 'daycare' make sure all vaccines are current including bordatella... God help us!

Good Luck!

Ken

I think my rational for doing it will be only to keep the wife happy

I can think of a few things other than this that I would rather do to keep my wife happy! DOH! whistle

Get your mind out of the gutter.....I'm talking about getting her flowers or doing the dishes! grincrazy

I'm sure the dog would love it, it would also love t-bone's for dinner every night too but he still gets the same stuff he's had for 10 years.

It's like the time my mom told me I should let the dogs ride in the truck instead of the insulated kennel when its cold. She said they don't have any room in there. I then explained that they can stand up and turn around, much more room than I have when I am in a car.

Dogs are great and I love mine to death but in the end they are just dogs.