• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

When will there be first ice

hiwayman33

I haven't seen this for a while and all your posts are getting me way too fired up. Have already planned a local outing and a few out of towners for the season, but the bigger question is when do you think there will be fishable ice. Low in the teens tonight and again on Thursday. Thanksgiving this year or is that dreaming??

Maybe smaller lakes up here in as early as a week! Maybe...one can dream right? I'm just happy its looking a lot better than last year! I didn't get out until well into december, and my son didn't come out until after new years!

there are reports of folks already out on 3in of ice fishing up here

wont be long before the bigger lake lock up

Awesome! How big of ponds are you talkin? I hope to be on the ice in Bemidji a week from today..

I hope it gets real cold and calm tonight! setting up to be a perfect ice making night.. Lows in the low teens to single digits! I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve!

Ryan

Just becareful and make sure to bring a buddy and to check the ice, We dont need to be hearing of anyone going threw the ice already. Didnt the news stories pop up pretty early last year because of something like that and we sure did here alot about it.