• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fish you Refuse to eat

andrew chadwick

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eel pout. It tastes about as good as it looks. yuck.

I've heard plenty of people say that they are really good but they can have them. sick

And you large mouth bass haters, ever eat them when they're caught through the ice? Once the water cools off, the muddy taste is gone.

Love a 14" walleye. Makes a great sandwhich.

I've also become very fond of smallies. Really a "sweet" meat. I was truly surprised at how tasty they are! Definetly will pan fry up more!

Also love about a 12lb pike. I don't take the y-bones out, so when you have a mid-30" fish or so, you can crack open the filet and easily pull the y-bones out, not wasting any meat. I'd give Pike and smallies the same thumbs up as walleyes.

I won't eat rough fish. Refuse.

It's so funny reading this... 3 of my 5 favorite fish to eat are on many of your lists...

I LOVE salmon. It's delicious. My favorite fish to eat is yellow bullhead. When made correctly, it's the best fish there is in my opinion. Lastly, eelpout, the absolute best appetizer. I love going walleye fishing, taking home 1 'pout and 3-4 eater 'eyes. Pout for an app and walleye for the main dish. Perfect!

Rock bass, ugh....