• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

1st Bow Buck

Code-Man

I finally got a buck with my bow. First year hunting with it but I'm very proud. Shae helped find it with me in the Pitch Dark.

About 5:20 Thursday was on the stand looking and could see the horns walking through the woods. Grabbed the bow and for the next 30-40 minutes he slowly worked his way to me in the thickest junk around. Got to about 20 yds was about to step into a shooting lane and backed straight backwards and then kept working towards me. Got to about 12-15 yds from my stand and whistled and took my shot around 6. Saw the arrow hit a little far back but knew it was in the ribs. Called Shae and he was going to come through and helped. Went to look for the deer and had almost a harder time finding the dang tree stand (FYI Sorry Shae) then after that the hunt was on for it. Ran maybe 70 yds and died. Ran towards the road and up the hill, figured would rub that one in Got some nice pictures from shae with his phone and tried to keep them as clean as possible. Will be adding more in the future when shae get's them off of his phone but Except for ones where I got it capped out there is no blood. Do not know how to post pictures on here and just easier to post a link. http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2585309&l=0b8d2&id=13950794 Like I said tried to keep pictures pretty professional and will be adding more. Hope everyone else is having a good deer season and hope everyone is safe during rifle

code-man,

Congrats on your buck!!! where did you harvest this deer, Frazee or hawley country? Reason I asked is I will be rifle hunting this weekend in Frazee with my inlaws and was wondering how the rutting, activity was?

Again great job on the harvest, beautiful buck.

mr

I was hunting NW of Ada. I was hunting over by DL mountain last night and didn't see anything but there are some scrapes out there. They are hitting them but must be at night. Buddy is hunting SW of DL and he is seeing them hard on the rut. Lots of chasing does.

Fishinmajishin,

I'll actually be between Frazee and Vergas on Rose Lake. My inlaws have about 80 acres that we hunt. Unfortunetly there is a bunch of a-holes that always push there luck and sit right on our fence and walk in our woods about 2 hours after shooting time. sorry for the rant

How about you?

mr

Congrats!!!! Nice deer for anyone let alone your first.

Very Nice! Good job. Gotta love it when they run towards the road.

Had that happen to me once. It died about 20 yards from the road on a little hump and was able to back the truck right up to it and slide it in.