• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Missed THE shot, but still happy.

I broke my 2 week dry spell. A friend called me yesterday while I was at a show, and informed me there was a ton of Cedar Waxwings at this assisted living unit in town. I headed over there this morning and made a few attempts, but the lighting wasn't the greatest. I only got one that is OK. While watching, a saw a larger bird come flying thru and didn't think much about it, until it nailed a poor waxxie. If only I had recognized what was about to go down. mad A shot of the hawk catching the bird, would have been awesome. Oh well, there is always next time. wink In the hawk shot, you can see the little legs of the waxxie sticking up. Kinda cool!

2995282359_a4bf9bf6f8_o.jpg

2996903820_2d2d76c9b9_o.jpg

Mike, I would have probably thought Cooper's too, but I was there and saw the size. If it would have been the size of a Cooper's or Goshawk, I would have recognized right away what was happening. As it was, I just thought it was a robin or something, initially. Sharp-shins are only about 1 1/2" larger than a robin. I will be ready next time.

Jim, I couldn't agree more. whistle

Mike, remember when you jokingly suggested telling a person that your pictures are taken with your camera phone, when they say "you must have a good camera"? Well, I did just that. I had a lady pick up a photo of mine and make that silly comment and I pulled out my phone and told her that all my photos were taken with my camera phone. She said, "this bird picture.... you can't make me believe that". I did have her for a few seconds. I couldn't help but laugh out loud. BTW, she didn't buy anything either. grin

Yak, if you noticed noise in my photos before, you should have mentioned it. I didn't know there was. I did mention a few weeks ago that I'm always open to C & C, as long as it's done gently. wink This hawk was shot at ISO 250, vs. the ISO 400 I typically shoot at.