• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

hunting boots

docc8

Anybody have any suggestions for hunting boots. I would like a boot that is comfortable in cold weather conditions (800 to 1200 gram thinsulate)because I primarily stand hunt but still comfortable for walking for grouse hunting. Any suggestions would be great.

if you want the best boot for the cold then get the sascatchawan pac boot from cabelas...just bought a pair of those this weekend and they are awesome...they are water and scent proof and also have a pocket in the liner for toe warmers if you ever need them.

I love my Rocky Blizzard Stalker. 1200 gram. There a little on the heavy side but mine are going on 6 years now and are still in good shape. I use them from hunting, to snowmobiling, to fixing cars in the winter, etc. They do have one small hole in them that slowly leaks. If I had to get new boots I get these same ones. My feet have never gotten cold in the deer stand, with the coldest day being -10 a couple years ago. Of course I've worn them in colder weather then that.

Danner Pronghorns 1000 grams dont have them but have sold a ton of them. I wear a Lacrosse Braodside 10" and they have 800 grams in them and I like them a lot when its really cold I will break out the new Lacrosse alpha ice mans thier an ice king with out the weight bought them last year and thier arer the best pac boot I have ever worn.

if you want the best boot for the cold then get the sascatchawan pac boot from cabelas...just bought a pair of those this weekend and they are awesome...they are water and scent proof and also have a pocket in the liner for toe warmers if you ever need them.

after wearing these now the past few cold days you'd have to sit on stand in -0 temps all day before you'd ever need any toe warmers...i pulled an all dayer and from 6 to 2 twice and my feet have been hot...i under dressed 1 of the days and i shook from being cold but my feet were super warm....i wouldn't even wear this boot unless its under freezing or your a person that gets real cold feet easily.

6 months ago I would have recommended Danner's. I bought a pair of pronghorns last fall after a pheasant trip. I was looking for a light weight waterproof boot and Danners seemed to fit the bill. Fast forward to this fall. Again, on a pheasant hunt and I have to walk a small cattail slew. Water wasn't deep by any means, but needless to say I had wet feet when I was done. I've still been wearing them for deer season, as they're the only boots I have at the time. I'll be sending them back for repair after season. I can't walk by a water puddle without them soaking it up.

JEV

I had read a ton of good reports on Danner Pronghorns too so I ordered a pair. Man, they are the most comfortable boot I have ever had on. As someone else said, like a pair of tennis shoes. But, they don't fit. They seem to run bit short. I sent back the 13s and ordered 14s and they fit but were now bulkier than I wanted so sent them back too. I ended up getting Cabelas Outfitter Series boot in 600 gram. They are normally $159 and on sale on the HSOforum for $119. Got a pair jsut like them with 2000 gram thinsulate also a couple years ago. They are great boots. Nice leather, good support etc.

I reccommend them.