• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Stoves

bassNspear

I have found that Menard's,Lowe's, Home Depot are as cheap as anybody usually for appliances. One thing to think about, the more $ you spend on the appliance, the more money it will cost to fix. And it will break. It's sad, but the quality of any new appliance is not very high. Instead of 20+ years the old ones would last, >10 is the average life of appliances now.

And it will break. It's sad, but the quality of any new appliance is not very high. Instead of 20+ years the old ones would last, >10 is the average life of appliances now.

It's sad isn't it. Stuff has to be made over seas just to make it affordable.

I got a smokin deal on a fridge and stove combo at Best Buy when I bought my house. Never pay full price though. You can always bargain down on appliances, and if done right you can get free delivery and recycling of the old stuff. My stove and fridge combo full price would have been over 1,400 bucks, I paid 800 with delivery and recycling of the old stuff. You are a salesman, work some numbers on em.

I bought a flat top stove from a Big Box store a few years ago, and right after the warranty went off one of the burners went out. $90 extra spent. I have since bought my appliances from my Local smalltown appliance store. The guy there used to work at an appliance Mfg. plant, and he said that when the assembly line is first starting up and they're working out the tolerances on everything, those first ones off the line are the ones that go cheap to the Big stores for a cheaper price. The money you save up front may actually cost more in the end due to cheaper quality from the Big stores. Buy locally where you'll get good service if there are problems.

I bought my gas stove at Best Buy after looking at every other place. They ended up having the best price and the cheapest delivery and set up fees. Gas stoves are more expensive to set up then electric obviously.

ApplianceSmart didn't even offer a set up service. You had to go through some independent guy who charges a ton for it. How can an appliance store sell you a stove without offering some sort of set up on it?

I was able to get the guy at Best Buy to come down a little on the stove so its always worth working that angle. Make sure they know you are willing to walk away.

While you might get a better deal out front at the big stores. Your local appliance dealer will give much better service. Warranty issues and such. My wife busted the the top of our stove and our dealer warrantied it under a stress crack would have been 600-700 for a new top. While this was going on my sister in law purchased new appliance from a big chain and her dishwasher didnt work from the start, six months later it was finally fixed.