• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Deadwood SD?

Bigbartguy

If your going to drive 8 hours you might as well drive 4 more hours for the best snowmobile ride of your life big horn mountains.

They get snow there in deadwood but you have to tailer to the hills where the snow is. If you hit it at the right time like fishing... luck.... it can have lots of snow.

I don't live to awful far from Deadwood. Far as I know the town is off limits for sleds but, I can check if ya like. There is some snow there right now but, lotta out of staters trailer thier sleds here later in the year or after the holidays because of hunting. By the way.....deadwood slots are tighter then the top olive in a jar.

I have been out there about 6 times riding, we stay at spearfish canyon lodge, right on trail system, drive to your door of lodge, Trail system is great lots of pit stops good off trail riding, not as steep as the stuff further west, we also go to bighorns, both are great places to ride

Just got a call from a friend out there. 44 INCHES with huge drifts. If I werent leaving for deer hunting today, me and the Renegade just might have had to go for a long weekend and get an early start on the season. wink

We used to ride the hills all the time until we started going to togwotee. I've ridden the bighorns too but I'm not at all impressed by riding there. Togwotee is far and away the best. Big Horns a distant second and black Hills third. The only thing that the Hills has over the others is a lot of fun to be had in Deadwood. Hard to beat playing single deck blackjack in the Number 10 saloon and I'm not even a gambler.

44-48 inches I heard this morning. That's MONSTER snow for out there this early in the year. The reason we quit going there is they weren't getting that much snow anymore. Could be weather patterns have changed a little again, or this could just be a fluke. Won't know until January when they should have a pile of snow if this keeps up, or it will be about gone again if this doesn't.

We always left the sleds at Trailshead and drove down to Lead/Deadwood to sleep.

Nick do you visit every forum? If I see you in the women's or bass we may have to cut tie's!

My dad take's a couple trips to the deadwood/lead area every spring and he love's it. He has been to the big horns and the u.p. and still enjoys the Black hills the most. He is 60 so he enjoys a little slower pace though!