Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wallter

I need some DRY STORAGE

8 posts in this topic

Without fail either my parka cover or the liner and usually both get soaked everytime I go out. Here's the drill, start out with all the gear on, get sweaty, peel off some layers, carefully ball up my jacket and place it somewhere "SAFE". Then of course something happens and it's soaked.

Bottom line is that I need some dry storage and am considering building something for my 14' boat. I could be as elaborate as a gun box/bench, a 2' x 2' box, or box in the front of the boat.

I need to here idea's and see pictures if possible. Thanks guys.

If it's just for your jacket why not just get yourself a large blind bag? They are waterproof and some of them float. or check out Mud Buddy's HSOforum, they have a ton of duck boat accesories.

Buy one of those marine duffle bags that roll up on the end and fold over. They come in small sizes and go as big as hockey bags. Doesn't matter if its camo or not, but a can of spray paint and you're set. Its removeable and totally waterproof -- makes a good pillow too! smile

blind bags are the way to go, space savers too. most guys take out the middle seat to get more your why take away space just my 02 cents.

Or, just camo up a cooler. But, I agree, the bags are a real good option.

I have an otter seat with dry storage inside or I have used a cooler in the past. Both work well for coats, lunch or thermos.

I have used a roll top dry bag fishing and hunting for years. I even will take my digital SLR camera along and put it in a dry bag and it stays perfectly dry even in rough waters and rain.

why not use an ammo box thats what i use got 2 one for storage one for shells

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• I used to sip cognac with a beer and I didn't even get in to whiskeys or bourbons until 8 or 10 years ago, so as a novice I started with the Canadian blends like Crown, Tangle Ridge and Pendleton and I'm more of a sipper using the old fashioned glasses.  I can't give recommendations on any of the really good brands, but if you ever see some of this... run screaming from the bar.  
    • Catfish is right up there with walleye, perch, trout, steelhead, salmon, flounder, grouper.....
    • What does it matter what Bernie Sanders had figured out considering the DNC blatantly rigged the primary against him? And then they tried with all their might to do it again and were exposed.   Face it, you party is fueled by people who are showing that they are the very ones they claim to be fighting against.    Immoral, intolerant, violent, judgemental and full of hate. 
    • hope to have my nills by next weekend to do some testing. 6 incher. putting it with a ryobi 600 pound torque drill with 4 amp batteries. sold the clam plate and auger. friend also use it with the milwaukee drill and same hang up issue. used an 8 inch k drill on bowstring last week with the milwaukee fuel.  opened holes nice and drilled nice. 
    • Trump totally destroyed by hundreds of thousands the numbers that were in attendance for the inaugurations of LBJ and Gerald Ford. Trump again wins. Just win, win, win, win, if not pretend you did.   He may just do the same thing to the country, so don't get to excited.
    • Just drove down from the Brainerd area. Lots of snow up there but going fast. Saw 4 young guys in a ditch south of there with not much snow and one sled with hood up smoking bad. Their still learning you need snow to cool your liquid sleds!
    • What a fun election cycle, first Trump dismantles the Republican party and may take them to even lower lows by winning. Then even more surprising is the Democrats totally imploding all on their own and losing to Trump in the process. No hollywood script can compete with this kind of crazyness, just happy to be alive to witness all of this mess and hope there is much much more to come. Something tells me I won't be disappointed, I am almost excited for the next one, 4 years ago I never would have thought that in my wildest dreams.
    • If this crazy weather keeps up a guy might have to go to the mountains to have enough snow to ride.
    • I purchased a 20v 986 Dewalt brushless and used it with my Nils 8" and could not believe how fast it cut. Very close to my Tanaka motor as far as speed. My plan is to use it with my 6" Nils but wanted to give it a good test and it passed with flying colors. 
    • Pretty sure Bernie had that figured out. After the primaries I voted for "not Trump" You guys haven't picked up that liberals are still going for not Trump, even if that means Mike Pence (who from a political position standpoint is worse for liberals).   Instead you have Trump, a man incapable of taking any form of criticism regardless of how irrelevant it is to anything. Why do I post the crowd sizes? Because Trump, in a speech given only to members of the CIA, thought it was important enough to mention, as well as to have a team of his own people there to applaud when he mentioned the size of the crowds.
  • Our Sponsors