• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

report your bands here.

just got my award info yesterday on this band, I knew it was an old bird glad it was banded to find out the details, well know that I know that I can out smart a 9 plus year old bird I must do something right.

band number 0888-03841

canada goose

hatched in 1999 or earlier

banded on 6-22-2000

encountered: 9-19-2008

sex : female

P9180003.jpg

http://s346.photobucket.com/albums/p410/set-the-drag/?action=view&current=P9190002.jpg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how do you report the band I've tried calling the number on the Band haven't gotten ahold of them and i tried online at DU and it wont let me get past the forum because i need a prefix and a suffix and the only number on the band is 105

Anyone have any help?

the only number on the band is 105

Anyone have any help?

If that is the only number on the band, then you will have to do more research. It obviously isn't an avise bird band. What else does the band say???

The band says...

Eagle Lake Sportsmans hsolist.

Box 221 Ashby

218-747-2277

I have tried calling the number mulitple times but i have always gotten an answereing machine

Guess I would just leave them a message or write them a letter.

Greenhead today

1797 28139

Pennsylvania

08/31/2006

What in the world was that thing doing over here??

I've been hunting for about 35 years and never got a band until last week.

I better buy a lotto ticket......LMAO

My pops shot a sprig near Roseau, MN that had been banded in Washinton state. Hmm....

I just got an e-mail from the band center in MD, it has a ton of info in it, none about my bird, and it says I may not get my cert. for a long time, or may need to get in touch with them again regarding info. Here's a excerpt from the e-mail..

"Thank you for your recent report of band 1028-35357.

Unfortunately, we cannot process your report immediately. This is due to one or both of these reasons:

1. There is a discrepancy or potential error in your report that will place it in a hold file until time allows us to work on resolving it.

2. The bander has not yet submitted the data for this band so we are unable to process your report at this time."

What the sam heII??

Had four honkers come in this morning and shot two of them. BOTH were banded. The band numbers were the same except for the last two digits which were 24 on one band and 27 on the other. Made me wonder if those other two geese were 25 and 26. Yes I was pumped for sure. Will post info on where they were banded when I get it.

My pops shot a sprig near Roseau, MN that had been banded in Washinton state. Hmm....

I just got an e-mail from the band center in MD, it has a ton of info in it, none about my bird, and it says I may not get my cert. for a long time, or may need to get in touch with them again regarding info. Here's a excerpt from the e-mail..

"Thank you for your recent report of band 1028-35357.

Unfortunately, we cannot process your report immediately. This is due to one or both of these reasons:

1. There is a discrepancy or potential error in your report that will place it in a hold file until time allows us to work on resolving it.

2. The bander has not yet submitted the data for this band so we are unable to process your report at this time."

What the sam heII??

I got the same e-mail on the Wigeon?

I tried to report the band over the web, and it let me get that far, but when I went to submit the info for the certificate, I kept getting an error screen.

So I called the number on the band and tried it that way. I think my problem was the gal I talked too, put the species down as "American Legend", instead of American Wigeon, according the e-mail I got back regarding the phone call?

I e-mailed them back and told them of the discrepency, but have yet to here anything back.

And right in the e-mail it says to absolutely not re-submit the information or report the band a 2nd time. I wonder what will happen...

As for the phone people, ugh, I had to correct her like 5 times because I swear she had dung in her ears. Very frustrating!

As for the phone people, ugh, I had to correct her like 5 times because I swear she had dung in her ears. Very frustrating!

More of your tax dollars hard at work.....LOL

Yeah I don't know if my original web deal went all the way through, due to the error message at the end or not?

My guess is that when you put the number in, it just accesses the data base, but doesn't process it until you hit the last tab. But I have no idea.

If your not in any rush, try to enter the info on the web. Maybe it will give you the basic info? Unless whoever banded the bird has yet to turn in the info, or the feds don't have it processed yet???

Worst that can happen is it can be delayed....LOL