• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Rage's are a must

Kyle

I'm going to have to disagree. I shot a deer a nice buck through the front shoulder and got stuck in the other side. Never found the deer 1 week later my dad shoots the buck! where the arrow broke off (inside the deer)and stuck into his shoulder It only nicked both lungs. I would have thought it was enough but it wasn't. I always feel better when its a complete pass through. whether its through the shoulder or right behind the shoulder. I dont know though. I dont shoot rage or muzzies so who knows I think it is all preference

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my point proven with hh guide. you could stick it in the opposite shoulder and still not kill the deer. and penetration i beleive is a huge issue. if you only get a few inches of penetration i find that it causes a problem for the average hunter. Im not saying rage has a bad broadhead. All this topic boils down to is preference hunter4life. my preference is magnus, yours is rage. They both work for us.

Ahh more rage fun. Penetration may be an issue if you are shooting 40lbs but I have shot a Rage that went through 2 ribs on the way in and 2 on the way out so I don't see any penetration issues there. Now if you are hitting bone (not ribs)or the shoulder blade that is just a plain old bad shot and no broadhead is going to be better than the other.

A little deer anatomy pic for reference.

58_6272003234051.jpg

Quote:
If you shoot a deer in the shoulder, its going to die.

Absolutely NOT. The shoulder blades thicken with age. The difference between a mature deer and yearling is huge. I hit a large mature doe in the shoulder blade last fall... had a little over 4" of penetration. I shoot 70# and I'm a 30" draw. Arrow busted off and I had poor blood that I was able to follow out to 200 yds. I'm pretty confident that whoever harvests that deer will find my broadhead imbedded in her shoulder.

I have no idea how a guy can miss that far back. Sounds like operator error to me. Dont get me wrong everyone, there are alot of really effective broadheads out there, and like I said, Im not one to only shoot one kind so...we'll see what happens on the next deer if I get another chance. Im fizzled out of comments for this topic...Now Im just beating a dead horse, and I dont work for the company, so I guess I dont care if people shoot them or not, I was just more or less stating that they are amazing. Good luck to everyone this season!

i think its starting to be a bit too much bickering back and forth on this topic on something that is only personal preference. just like who makes a better bow, or whose truck is the best. i myself would highly recommend rage to anyone who wants to try them out. especially if you are a decent shot.

my fiance' is a pretty decent shot herself, 6 inch groups at 30 yards. however, buck fever sets in, whether it be buck or doe, and she gets so excited she usaully misses, or something else goes wrong. it doesn't bum her out because she is so pumped to have deer in that close. she shoots muzzy mx4s i believe. she was impressed with damage my rage did and wanted a set for herself. but she has decided to shoot the muzzys until she becomes more relaxed with the close deer, because she is worried she may eventually hit a deer, and it may be in the shoulder, so she wants to make sure she gets penetration, although she is shooting 49 lbs of draw.

granted she isn't really worried she may hit one, just might not be able to get the results we all want if she hits a tough bone.

i have tried probably a dozen types of heads, and the end result is rage 2 blade ranking #1, with G5 stryker fixed a close second.