Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
robert1965

I have a three year old st croix walleye rod whats hot now

14 posts in this topic

I am looking for info on ice rods. I don't really want to buy a rod for every specie, I mostly fish for walleye, and bigger fish. what tough sensitive rod would you suggest

Thorn Bros. Walleye Sweetheart! Put on a Tica reel and you've got yourself one of the best combo's on the ice.IMO

Thorne Bros. and Tica for me too.Jason Mitchell has a big following also.

I would have to say either one of these would set you up with the pole you have been wanting.

http://www.jasonmitchellrods.com/ice.html

http://www.thornebros.com/winter/rods/thorne/custom_rods_menu.html

Check out these guys. I will be spending some money at both these places soon, if I ever get some spare money.

Check out the Rapala Ice Rods, great, sensitive rod at a price that wont break the bank.

i've been really happy with the gander mt guide series ice combos, rapalas ice rods are nice also, hopefully some day i will own a thornbros rod, i've heard there the best

Thorne bros walleye sweetheart is by far the best. I have pfluger reels on mine. I have never used the Ticas before. But if you are looking for only one rod, the thorne bros should be the one.

Disregard, I forget i'm on the internet & can find out myself...

I'll echo everyone, Thorne Bros are the only way to go. I used to be "happy" with other rods, and don't get me wrong they work fine. Then after many conversations, some seminars and internet research, I finally took the plunge and bought one. Then two, then three... I think I have four now, and need only one more to complete what I want to do on the ice. They are the cat's meow of rods.

The GREAT folks at Thorne Brothers will spend time with you making sure you get exactly what you truly need. Matt actually talked me out of one rod that I was going to buy. In our discussion I realized it wasn't right, and I ended up with the perfect rod for the situation I was fishing in.

They are worth every penny in my opinion. Good luck!!

Go with a walleye sweetheart for a stouter rod for bigger 'eyes. I personally like the perch sweetheart better for them but to each their own.