• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Brewers manager Ned Yost fired!

PierBridge

I have no problem seeing him getting canned but don't like the timing - do it soon after the break or after the seasons over. The crew has and still makes too many 'little league' mistakes, both by the players and coaches. And mistakes by players need to be addressed and fixed by coaches. Mistakes by coaches need the attention of higher management, which is what just happened. It will be a shame if they don't make the playoffs.

You follow the Brew Crew much closer then we do and I know you and others have had concerns with his managing in the past and particularly this year but the timing is strange.

Hopefully it lites a fire and the Brew Crew can turn it around here quickly!

To me it's insane he built them into a decent team improving each year at the helm.

12 games to go and they fire him I don't care how bad he was that's just NUTS!

He built them into a decent team? He was the manager, not the GM. Melvin, Attanasio, and Zduriencik are the ones responsible for building the team.

And Flatlander is probably right, 2 months too late.

Originally Posted By: PierBridge
To me it's insane he built them into a decent team improving each year at the helm.

12 games to go and they fire him I don't care how bad he was that's just NUTS!

He built them into a decent team? He was the manager, not the GM. Melvin, Attanasio, and Zduriencik are the ones responsible for building the team.

And Flatlander is probably right, 2 months too late.

Molded would have been a better term.

As long the guys you mentioned above are responsible for BUILDING this halfway decent team maybe they should be the ones fired for another late season collaspe by the the PLAYERS they BUILT or is YOST the one getting shellacked on the feild gain?

The feeling is that there's a lot more talent on the field than what they're showing right now and that boils down to the manager not doing all he can to motivate them. Who knows, maybe Melvin's the next one to go but for now it was a move to shake things up and the manager is the first one you look to.