• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

BK19

Yes, but a championship team doesnt have those issues. It all starts at the shop and now they have issues. That also does not explain his very poor attitude. I cannot win so why should I try to get a few more laps in to gain a few more points. Kyle will never win a championship with that attitude. He's a cry baby at best and is only happy when the light shines on him. Not at team player either.

He has had a great year but the final prize will go to a different driver.

The pressure is on and Kyle team does poorly. Kyle would also make a very poor ambassabor for NASCAR if he were to win the Cup championship.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kyle is the best thing Nascar has right now..

Wow Kyle may have had a few good runs this year but to say he is the best thing nascar has going i have a hard time with that.Nascar has many other drivers that are better then the rat and its been proven in the last 2 weeks where did Kyle finish and where is he in the chase enough said.

His poor driving habits and attitude may reflect on how his team feels about him. Most will agree that the rat is exactly that a little rat or spoiled brat. Pretty sad when the latest, greatest could not win the championship.

If I worked for a team with a driver like Kyle with that attitude, I would leave the team.

so his poor driving is what caused the last 2 poor finishes?

From what I read, his temper cost him a lap at New Hampshire. He got mad that he broke a part, and passed cars on the apron during the yellow to get to pit road. They gave him a one lap penalty that he never recovered from.

It's apparent to me Sled that the mechanical failures are a large part of what led to the rat's poor finishes.

I know we could all play a ton of "what if" games here, but I'll just throw this one out there.....

What if Kyle loses by say 4, 6 or even 8 points and comes in second??? Then whose fault is it for not winning the championship? I think the large point being made here which HL has touched on very well, is that Kyle's attitude isn't conducive to winning a championship. Throwing away points by pouting and not getting back out there is the perfect recipe for failure, lack of leadership, lack of a winning attitude, lack of a champion.

What is apparent to me is the rat has no desire to earn a championship the hard way, the tough way, the difficult way. He wants it served on a silver platter. Had he wanted to work and earn his way to a championship, he would get back in the driver's seat and finish out the races and gain a few "garbage points". I'd be willing to bet that many drivers would say those "garbage points" can be the difference between getting in the chase, or even winning the cup.

I don't think the rat is 100% out of it yet, but he has certainly been presented with a high mountain to climb.

'Dega is still to come, and anything can happen there. eek

... Had he wanted to work and earn his way to a championship, he would get back in the driver's seat and finish out the races and gain a few "garbage points". I'd be willing to bet that many drivers would say those "garbage points" can be the difference between getting in the chase, or even winning the cup....

Was it or was it not an event simmilar to this when the cry baby was in his trailor whipping away the tears that another driver got in his car for him and eventualy took his ride?????

He can't be making his sponsors very happy lately. Won't talk to the media in NH, and won't go back out on the track at Dover.

The opinion writers have been saying that those who can handle mistakes or misfortunes the best are the ones who win. Those who crumble under pressure - even if they are really talented - will not be able to win the Chase.

Originally Posted By: NAPAFISH

Wow Kyle may have had a few good runs this year but to say he is the best thing nascar has going i have a hard time with that.Nascar has many other drivers that are better then the rat and its been proven in the last 2 weeks where did Kyle finish and where is he in the chase enough said.

Most wins with 8

Most Top 5 with 15

The guy can take anything to the front.

2 weeks does not make a season.

It is not choking if you have mechanical problems.

I believe all will agree that Kyle is a good race car driver and he has had a good season but it won't go down as one as no one will remember. The question will be asked, who was the 08 cup champion and Kyle will not be mentioned if he doesn't win. They won't ask who was good but didn't win it all as that list can be somewhat long some seasons.

When I have heard another talk about last seasons champ, I didn't hear that so and so was really great as they did not win.

No one remembers second place for anything.

In regards to Kyle has his own thread, yes he does but I would guess he would rather have a good thread stating that he won or was great rather than what is being posted.

Originally Posted By: walleyechaser
Originally Posted By: NAPAFISH

Most wins with 8

Most Top 5 with 15

The guy can take anything to the front.

2 weeks does not make a season.

It is not choking if you have mechanical problems.

yep.

First year with a team, second year of Yota being in NASCAR. I say Busch has far exceeded expectations.

I wonder if there are any other drivers on their first year with a team that have exceeded expectations?