Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
morefishplease

Now thats funny!!

1 time I seen a guy pull up on a flock a ducks only 2 have his guncase hanging from the barrel of his gun, then proceded 2 take a hip shot. That was pretty cool.

One of those "had to be there" but...years ago a buddy and I and my lab were floating a small river in a duck boat. River was a bit high that fall and water was flowing pretty good. Came around a sharp bend and there was a fallen tree hanging across about 2 feet above the water. No time to do anything but drop the guns and hang on to the tree. Dog ducked under the tree and all I remember is looking over at my buddy, both of us barely hanging on to the tree in water to our waists and not touching bottom. I looked down stream at the dog in the boat, and he was looking back thinking "you idiots"! Managed to shimmy down the tree to shore and walk about 100 yards down the bank to find the boat. Dog was still there guarding the rig. Soaking wet but a great day jumpin woodies.

A few years back ice fishing early in the season, this guy comes driving out onto the ice and drives up to where all of us were fishing and asks "is the ice safe enough to be driving on?" Mind you no one was driving on the ice yet!!

My Dad and his buddy Jim (our hunting buddies who both died this year) and us "boys" were driving around LAke Christina, well known for canvasback...

Two bird watchers had their spotting scope out along the road and looking at a lake full of ducks and coot... Jim pulls up, says hi, and the guy says "hi, hey can you help us, my wife thinks those are canvasback, but I think they are redheads...." Jim takes a look through their spotting scope, and says, "well, your wife is right, those are cans... but you guys are looking at decoys!!!"... hahahaha! That was funny! The guy looked pretty embarrassed, but his wife just laughed smile

One day I was duck hunting and there was a group of eleven guys lined up on a dike about 150 yards away. I watch a lone teal start flying down the dike and the gunfire start. It was like a warzone, and that little greenwinger flew the length of the dike and all eleven guys unloaded there guns. The teal made it through unscathed, only to come to the pond I was hunting, with one shot I dropped the duck! I ended up shooting three ducks that day and every one went over the dike first and made it through, haha im glad they couldent hit the broad side of a barn otherwise I wouldent have fired my gun!

I have one that I shouldn't tell, but will anyway. Several years ago, 4 of us and one dog are pulling a sunup to sundown on a lake near Hutchinson. We broke for lunch and one guy goes over the hill to take care of business. 30 minutes later I noticed that the dog is gone. I asked the owner where the dog is, he says she walked over the hill. I was laughing instantly and set out to see if the dog was where I thought she was. Yep. The dog stuck her head up with a crazed look in her eyes and toilet paper hanging from the corners of her mouth. I about fainted I was laughing so hard. The owner retrieved his dog and we ended up having to chain it to his boat because it kept going back over the hill for more.

one day when I was bowhunting on public land on a very cold day and I watched this pheasant hunter walk across a plowed field and then stop. He looked around and then took down his overalls. He then proceeded to take a number two but all of it went into his overalls. He had no clue. He then pulled up his overalls and continued walking. I had to get out of my stand due to my laughing fit.

We hunted a bluebird lackluster opener a few years back with poor results. 4 o'clock rolls around and we unloaded our guns and got ready to pack it up. Next thing you know a lone honker comes over the hill honking like a wedding procession and lands in the middle of our decoys. Nothing like salt in the wound, but that bird must have been able to tell time and I guess it was his lucky day.

Another time we hiked back into a small slough and had some great close range shooting with only about 6 decoys. My cousin shot a mallard comming in that hit me in the chest and almost knocked me over, a short while later I shot one and he had to duck to get out of the way for. Same day a teal flew over the cattails so low the wing brushed my hat. Good times... gotta love the smell of swamp water, wet dogs and a hot barrel.

redhooks

Last year ice fishing on a local lake we watched a group of guys with an "expert" in their group yelling and all that good stuff on how and where to fish and really making a scene! So believe it or not he sends the command to fish shallower and get those walleyes! The start drilling about 2 feet from shore and the "expert" starts yelling at the guy running the auger so the both of them are putting all their weight on this aguer and really driving it into the ice!! This is what happened, they were in about a ft of water! The auger hits ground, throws both guys off of it, all kinds of muck and sand come up the hole like they hit oil!! There was like 20 people laughing and pointing on the ice!!

I was drillin up on milac a couple years ago as I was drilling some weeds started to come up and when finished I realized I was a little shallow 3 fow or so had to laugh at myself actually