Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
McGurk

Time to Charge your Batteries!!!

13 posts in this topic

Take a minute this week to pull your ice gear's batteries out and give them an up-charge. Can't hurt! While your at it, give your auger a quick start to keep her fresh and diagnose any potential problems while it's still warm out. The days are getting shorter already!

give your auger a quick start to keep her fresh

I'm going to show your post message to my wife, she came out to the garage just the other day, wondering what I was doing...Here I was, mid 80's outside, running the ice auger. I got the famous.... shake of the head. My response...A couple extra rev's!!!!!

Batteries good to go. Auger is barried with the ice gear so won't be firing it up. But I fogged the engine and ran the engine dry with stablizer in the gas so should be good to go come winter.

Don't forget to disconnect the battery on your flasher/camera. The battery indicaters will run them down over time. Friend toasted his battery last year when the kept it hooked up on his LX-5 over the summer.

Got a pretty good look from the neighbors about a week ago when I was standing in the driveway running my auger when it was about 90+ degrees out. grin

I fired up the auger last night. I got some quizzical looks from the neighbors as well grin

Originally Posted By: McGurk
give your auger a quick start to keep her fresh

I'm going to show your post message to my wife, she came out to the garage just the other day, wondering what I was doing...Here I was, mid 80's outside, running the ice auger. I got the famous.... shake of the head. My response...A couple extra rev's!!!!!

ME 2

Good reminder but I keep my LX-3 plugged in all year since it never overcharges, thank god for that or I would forget to charge it.

took my auger apart so I wont be running thta but the bateries are in check thanks fot the reminder.