• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Right oil?

AaronM

Yeah I second the xd 50 it is a sythetic blend. the xd 30 is plain old tcw 3 oil and is the least expensive and it would be ok but it does not have the carb x additive that helps keep carbon buildup to a min. The xd 100 is pure sythetic and would be the "best" but the cost is like $45 a gallon and I think that your motor is a bit of an oil hog if I remember correctly. I buy xd 50 in bulk from the dealer and only pay around 20 a gallon.

ODL

i did the perferred customer thing from the oilman. best thing possible if you use enough oil. i run it in all 2-stroke stuff as well as my car. gets me discounts on boat oil, car oil, oil filter, air filter, and they have a varitey of other products as well including ngk sparkplugs, mothers car care products and more. i buy oil in 2-1/2 gallon jugs, saves even more $$$

Thanks again for the help guys, just picked up the HP Injector. Is it best to drain or burn up the oil in your tank? I have about 1/4 of the tank left.

Same question from me. Can you mix Amsoil with a little standard 2 stroke oil that is remaining in the oil reserve tank, or do you need to get it out of there?

AMSOIL HP Injector is compatible to mix, but it is best to minimize mixing.

Draining an outboard injection oil tank is on most engines difficult, nearly impossible, or at best very sloppy.

Never take a chance on running out of oil!

I recommend run your current oil down to the low oil warning light/buzzer goes, then top the tank with the AMSOIL HP Injector. This way you minimize the mixing.

just switched over my fathers 89 evinrude to amsoil. we burnt up as much regular oil as we dared leaving only a little bit in the resevoir, then put a gallon of hp injector in. havent run it enough to notice the difference but i know we will! it says right on the jug to minimize mixing. buy the gallon jugs for a better deal.