• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Your Boat, how long?

wdgold

When I was out fishing with my son the other day I got to thinking how long I have had my boat. I bought my boat new in 1991/17yrs.ago a Smokercraft Fazer 17'/ 100HP mariner and I still have it and still works great. I was just curious on how many of you bought a new rig and have had it 15+ yrs.

I also bought my 1660 Lund Prov in 1991 and at the time it had a 50 Yamaha but the top end went 5 years ago so now it has a 60 4 stroke Yamaha.At the time I said it will be the last boat I will ever buy-sure wish I would have said the same about the motor.

Reminds me of my 1994 AlumaCraft 185 Compeditor I sold in June. Very good shape, and when it comes time to sell, it's pretty easy. Way to keep good care of your investment. Not to steel your "thunder" but I'll post a photo of the AlumaCraft before I sold it.

I'm still using my dad's 1981 Alumacraft 16ft Lunker Classic with a 35hp Evinrude that he bought new. I've redone the floor/carpet in it, it doesn't look pretty on the outside. but it floats. grin So I guess its still in use after 27 yrs if my math is correct. Here's a pic from last summer after it was beached after a storm.

DCP_2149.jpg

WIWF, now I know where your name came from. You had that boat 21 years and never used it. LOL. That thing is in exquisite shape for the age of that boat.

Yes, that is exactly how I chose my name! My wife said "why do you need a new boat? You don't use the one you have."

I think she now regrets saying that grin

I do take good care of my stuff. To hard to replace things. Plus the resale is great! Listed on graig's and sold it the next day to the first guy for the full asking price.

You'll have to let me ride in that thing again some day! grin

I bought my first NEW boat in 1990. A 482V Ranger. Obsessed with bass and tournaments. I posted pics of her on the open water forum just awhile back.

I don't fish bass like I used to but rather chase everything else So when my buddy offered his 1991 Lund Rebel that he bought new, I snapped her up after a year of storage in my garage. wink

So now the newest boat I fish out of is either 17 or 18 years old. And I enjoy every minute of it!

Can't speak for me personally, but my dad got a 1987 16' Sylvan Fish/Ski w/ 90hp Enrinrude new in '87. We had countless hours and good times in that boat. Only had one repair needed on the motor about 2yrs ago, but been a solid boat for over 20yrs. They finally put it up for sale two weeks ago....bummer.