Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
DeeDee

Plymouth, MN

Do you guys ever read Yahoo Finance? The have the top 10 best cities to live in and Plymouth, MN was #1! grin i have to bookmark that page to show my husband.

The last three years have included, Plymouth ('08) Eden Prairie ('07) and another one from the west side of the cities. There are 9 Minnesota cities in the top 100, 7 of which are in the top 50

As far as I'm concerned ANY city in MN is the best place to live. (Well maybe not the cities) I keep checking out the realestate up there and found a really cute log cabin on a big piece of land on a lake (forgot the details) but I do remember it ONLY costs about 2.5 million bucks.

pocket change

You couldn't pay me to live in Plymouth or Eden Prairie, or for that matter anywhere within 100 miles of the Twin Cities. Been there done that.

000200C6.gif

I heard the twin cities are getting pretty rough. Thats to bad. I guess it like parts of Orlando. Whats wrong with Plymouth or Eden Prairie? I have also heard from so many people that Ely is the most beautiful place to live but there isnt much for work.

Lisa - I can send you the banana suit

I grew up in Champlin, which has grown unbelievably in the years since I left. My parents moved to Plymouth a little over 10 years ago, and have liked the area. My mom's townhouse is close to a park where there is an excellent playground for the grandkids. The city of Plymouth has done a good job of planning park areas for families. The crime rate is not huge, although it is the metro area. There are great shopping areas really close to my mom's as well. It is fun to visit, but after living in rural Minnesota for 20 years, I couldn't live there.

I've driven thru pretty much all the mid and eastern states from MN to TX - MN to FL - FL to PA and Canada. Parts of PA and upstate NY are pretty, and the mountain of KY an TN. But of all places, I prefer MN. I guess even tho its been many years and 1700 miles, I still call it home.

Thats right, and I cant wait to hear you say it! grin Altho dear sweet cousin FRANKY! Keeps insisting i'm crazy for wanting to come back. I cant believe he would want to stay in a sweltering, sauna, brown Christmas, forget hair and make-up state! mad And the biggie....

NO ICE FISHING! crySeasonal Camping, dont dare to swim in a lake! Well he may not care to much about the hair and make-up thing wink

wow, I guess I really dont like it here.

I still need to practice. I remember something about posthole digger, bag of ice and goldfish grin I'm sure I could find a bucket to sit on

There is just something about listening to "Jingle Bells" when driving on I-95 that just doesn't sound right..Dashing thru the snow???? shocked

I knew there was something wrong with that song.

Too much traffic, too high property taxes, too crowded.

I would agree with this comment.

However, I was born and raised in Plymouth, and I'm back living there again. Plymouth has qualities like a short commute to quality jobs, a great school system, and low crime.

I didn't catch what the criteria were for rating the city selections; it probably wasn't LCM's (Loon Calls/Minute).

During the 1960's, my artist father designed the first "City of Plymouth" logo, still in use today.

Well MN is back on the top 10 best cities to for young couples to start out. There are 3 listed but I only remember Minneapolis. I cant believe they put Miami on the list. You couldnt pay me enough to live there.