• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Plymouth, MN

As far as I'm concerned ANY city in MN is the best place to live. (Well maybe not the cities) I keep checking out the realestate up there and found a really cute log cabin on a big piece of land on a lake (forgot the details) but I do remember it ONLY costs about 2.5 million bucks.

pocket change

I heard the twin cities are getting pretty rough. Thats to bad. I guess it like parts of Orlando. Whats wrong with Plymouth or Eden Prairie? I have also heard from so many people that Ely is the most beautiful place to live but there isnt much for work.

Lisa - I can send you the banana suit

I grew up in Champlin, which has grown unbelievably in the years since I left. My parents moved to Plymouth a little over 10 years ago, and have liked the area. My mom's townhouse is close to a park where there is an excellent playground for the grandkids. The city of Plymouth has done a good job of planning park areas for families. The crime rate is not huge, although it is the metro area. There are great shopping areas really close to my mom's as well. It is fun to visit, but after living in rural Minnesota for 20 years, I couldn't live there.

I've driven thru pretty much all the mid and eastern states from MN to TX - MN to FL - FL to PA and Canada. Parts of PA and upstate NY are pretty, and the mountain of KY an TN. But of all places, I prefer MN. I guess even tho its been many years and 1700 miles, I still call it home.

Thats right, and I cant wait to hear you say it! grin Altho dear sweet cousin FRANKY! Keeps insisting i'm crazy for wanting to come back. I cant believe he would want to stay in a sweltering, sauna, brown Christmas, forget hair and make-up state! mad And the biggie....

NO ICE FISHING! crySeasonal Camping, dont dare to swim in a lake! Well he may not care to much about the hair and make-up thing wink

wow, I guess I really dont like it here.

There is just something about listening to "Jingle Bells" when driving on I-95 that just doesn't sound right..Dashing thru the snow???? shocked

I knew there was something wrong with that song.

Too much traffic, too high property taxes, too crowded.

I would agree with this comment.

However, I was born and raised in Plymouth, and I'm back living there again. Plymouth has qualities like a short commute to quality jobs, a great school system, and low crime.

I didn't catch what the criteria were for rating the city selections; it probably wasn't LCM's (Loon Calls/Minute).

During the 1960's, my artist father designed the first "City of Plymouth" logo, still in use today.

Well MN is back on the top 10 best cities to for young couples to start out. There are 3 listed but I only remember Minneapolis. I cant believe they put Miami on the list. You couldnt pay me enough to live there.