• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Moore's Contest This Weekend

wastewaterguru

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: Shamu

I didn't see yours or dtro's control Item in your last picks. Larry

Contest Pics

Thank you Dtro..... for clarifying that for Shamu.

I'm not sure if he knows what "SCHMACK" talking is for a guy who check in on the forums "Once every 2 weeks"

Your going down hard pal.... whistle

I'm not sure if he knows what "SCHMACK" talking is for a guy who check in on the forums "Once every 2 weeks"

PWNED!

Why is my picture up there? It matters not because I am going from the pughouse to the penthouse tonight baby.

Originally Posted By: LFC

PWNED!

Why is my picture up there? It matters not because I am going from the pughouse to the penthouse tonight baby.

Yeah...... I bet your feeling pretty special...

I wish I could have a control item named after me... LOL

God really hope you pull a money fish out tonight....

But than again its been awhile since we've put you against the wall and started pelting you. grin

Originally Posted By: mplspug
Yeah I feel special. But I am not sure if it is a good special.

Don't start getting down on yourself...

I got your text number.. make sure your phone is on...

Good luck tonight.

I had no service most of the night. It should be an interesting result, especially if some one really got into some heavy action. I guess we'll see when everyone wakes up this afternoon. Mr. DeMars and I again fished right up until the final gun.

Heres my .02 on the rules for this contest. Yes the contol item is good but the contest is on sat to sun morning and you could go fish tonight and turn in the photo from sun night? because you have till monday morning to turn in photo? So a rule change is a must. or maybe CHEAT?

anybody else see this rule or do all you guys go out sunday to?

Heres my .02 on the rules for this contest. Yes the contol item is good but the contest is on sat to sun morning and you could go fish tonight and turn in the photo from sun night? because you have till monday morning to turn in photo? So a rule change is a must. or maybe CHEAT?

anybody else see this rule or do all you guys go out sunday to?

It is not about the money. It's about bragging rights - It's about having another reason to go fishing. I figure it's a $10 fishing fee - I could care less if I don't win - its money well spent. My bride doesn't even flinch when I say - "Hey Honey, I'll be fishing the Moore's Cat Contest on Saturday. It's an allnighter."

Well, I am breaking my silence grin.

Just submitted my entries for the contest. Could throw a little twist into the out come whistle.

I agree with Ed andSteve. This contest is not for cheaters. If you are a cheater, do not sign up.

I trust this contest and all who participate.

I am saying there all loop holes in everything i just found one. I wanted to know what you guys think if the contest ends on sundayat 6:00am photos should be in by 7:00 pm sun. that way no room for cheaters. 12 hours to submit photos thats enough time?

or does this sound better contest ends and you have 26 hours to submit photo. just my .02 why not two day contest then?

I already saw that loophole and I brought it up. Not because I thought guys would cheat, but that I thought a control was not needed, since as stated, it's not really about the money or winning. If anyone would know that it would be me. smile

Guys stay up all night, including Bob. Unlike Bob, most of us want to get to bed, but Bob has to go into work. It used to be you had to also go in and submit it in person by 3pm that Sunday. By extending the deadline it means after staying up all night, 11 hours of it in a boat, you don't have to be stressed about getting it in that Sunday. And since it is a gentleman's honor tourney, it just makes sense to give us a ll a little break.

Did I leave out that our significant others usually have errands and chores for us to run on Sunday, since they kind of have one up on us letting us fish all night? sleepcry

I will say this, all the fisherman that I know that fish Bob's contest would not cheat. I would also feel very secure in knowing that Bob runs a honest contest.

It's not the money but the chance to fish another evening and maybe get to brag just a bit.

Here are the results of this weekends contest, it was tough out there but some people made it look easy. Thanks again for all that particapated......

Flatheads-

1st place- Big Z (44 1/ x 33 1/2) 52 lbs

2nd place- Mike V 35 x 22

Channels-

1st place- Flac0651 31 x 16

2nd place-TIE Catnip 27 x 15

Jake H 27 x 15

It was tough and mostly when your partner was prepared for a nice summer night whistle.

Team 'Shackbash' boated only one fish frown , with no runs going at all, all night. We got one small 23"x 14" flat. A big thanks to Dtro for the help over the phone grin

Not many boats out, but we saw a few on Pool 2 late at night. Got some cool images on si though.

Congrates to all that took down the LFC and Dtro Reign grin.

I don't see LFC or DTRO on the winner's list.......

Nice to see some new blood on the board.

well.....technically team LFC/DTro did manage to boat a money fish. Let's just say LFC is a stand up guy wink

[Note from admin: Please read forum policy before posting again. Thank you.]

I kind of appreciate the opportunity to take part in the contest. Since I don't have to organize it; post it on the forums; collect the money; notify the participants of the control item; dispurse the prizes; report the results - and a million other tasks like answer the phone calls with all the questions about the contest.

Hey Bob - You've done a great job with this contest. Thanks for all your hard work. Don't change a thing unless it makes your job easier. That's my .02 cents.

Originally Posted By: wastewaterguru
I don't see LFC or DTRO on the winner's list.......

Nice to see some new blood on the board.

well.....technically team LFC/DTro did manage to boat a money fish. Let's just say LFC is a stand up guy wink

Tip of the Hat to all Who placed and to those that partipated.

For the record we did boat a 27 X 15 channel as well.

It would have made for a 3 way tie for second place.

Not very often you have ties, especially a 3 way no less. Who has idea's on breaking ties with this system? (Not that I'm in a position to change, it might be something to consider.)

Since I wussed out and we packed it in at 3:00am and the other teams decided to hang tough to the end, I felt they were more deserving.

It was a tough night with the wind in our area.

That probably makes the most sense. Another more pain in the rear idea would be the "call your shot" system where people turn in a length and girth for each species representing their guess at their biggest fish. But that would also require a chain of tie breakers because the people who tie could be off by the same number. Never mind. HL's makes the most sense.

Anytime you add popularity + money to the equation most people need some guarantee that its a controlled event and the option for cheating is minimized as much as possible. These concerns werent necesarry when this contest was a good ole boy event...you all knew each other...not so much the case anymore. That being said, UPDECREEK I think your suggestions would be better addressed with Bob directly as he manages these tourneys.

Additionally this contest is well worth Bob's efforts, as I know of about 10-20 people just in my little corner of the metro who didnt even know there was a catfishing baitshop in the area prior to these tournemants.

So to imply he's doing it "just for the heck of it" would be off base. wink

Wow, Thanks Larry! As for a tiebreaker maybe give money back and roll over the rest? Or coin flip or cut the cards??? Anywho Thanks Bob it was fun as always. A lot of boats out that's for sure. And thanks Shamu had a great time! So what's next Carver or Jordan? whistle