• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Diners, drive-ins and dives

Wookiee

Thats the second time I have seen them on the tube. I forget who did the first show on them but I was intrigued when I saw it then. Definitely looked like it would be worth the drive for a little sampling and maybe throw a few strikes as well.

Donatelli's used to be over in Moundsview off of Hwy 10, kinda by the Mermaid bowling alley and a newer theatre Megaplex.

But that disappeared a couple of years ago - it was replaced by a sports bar. Not sure if they relocated somewhere else or not. It was a pizza/pasta joint.

They mustve had 2 locations, or another family member opened the Hwy 10 location. My parents used to bring us to Donatelli's on Hwy 10 when I was young. Much later in life, I brought a couple of dates there also. Hwy 10 restaurant closed maybe 5 years ago?

I think the one on Hwy 10 reminded me of a big house, but it's been a few years. They made Fettucine Alfredo tableside for you on a cart.

I'm not big alfredo fan, but people really liked the tableside cooking with the fire, etc.

We made it to Donatelli's for lunch today. The wife had the baked Mostaccioli and I gave the Baked Lasagna a try. It was interesting that the sauce differed so much between the to. The wifes tasted simpler with a focus on the spice and mine was much richer. Both dishes where very good. I would have to say that the choice will be tough between Cassetta's and Donatelli's!

We made it to Donatelli's for lunch today. The wife had the baked Mostaccioli and I gave the Baked Lasagna a try. It was interesting that the sauce differed so much between the to. The wifes tasted simpler with a focus on the spice and mine was much richer. Both dishes where very good. I would have to say that the choice will be tough between Cassette's and Donatelli's!

Is that anything like 8 track's or compact disc's? sick

I was talking to my brother last night and he said the next time I come down that we have to go to DaNook. I see that you have it posted on the first page.He said the burgers and fries were very tasty. I guess that they do something special with the fries by soaking them in some kinda vinegar and water bath.Sounds like there is a road trip in my future grin

Are you guys talking about the nook on hamline in St. Paul right next to Cretin-Derham Hall? If you are I grew up on Randolph just down the block from the place and used to go there all the time when Mickey Brausen ran it. Great burgers or at least they used to be.