• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Diners, drive-ins and dives

Wookiee

What are the places from Minnesota that have been on there

I know of

Da Nook

Psycho Suzi's

Dairyette

Am I missing any others? What do you guys think of these places to eat?

I know I really liked the Nook but haven't been to Psycho Suzi's or the Dairyette.

Al's breakfast! If I remeber right its in dinky town.

Like I mentioned in the other post the nook is good!

Its Dari-ette, which is next on my list!

I haven't made it to physcho suzi's yet either!

There is a drive-in in brooklyn park or center right off 694 that has been mentioned on the splendid table and by Andrew Zimmerman (on his talk show not Bazzar Foods!). grin Every time I have driven by it has been closed but one of these days I'll make it.

That's Zimmern. winkgrin

I went to tech school with a zimmerman and for some reason thats what I think of when I talk about Andrew. blush

He does have a good talk show and Bazzar Foods is pretty fun to watch as well!!

Any places come to mind that should be on the show?

i watch that show all the time and have never seen any of these on there. Huh? I will have to check some of them out.

They where on some of the first episodes. All of them have been on one time with the exception of Psycho Suzi's which has been on twice.

Tried to make it to Dari-ette twice this weekend with no luck!

Suzi's been on there twice because of all the tattoos. Other places let's see Mickey's Diner, Matt's Bar, Rooster's, Scott Ja-Mama's or Ted Cook's you have to focus more on the dives here since there isn't much for diners or drive-in's. I will have to think about this one now thanks a lot grin

I've been to mickey's a couple of times and although its fun to go because of the history, I haven't left thinking to myself that was really good! Don't get me wrong, it has good food, great history, and fun atmosphere. I just don't know if it is really good?

"Matt's Bar, Rooster's, Scott Ja-Mama's or Ted Cook's", are those in Minnesota?

Matt's Bar has a world class juicy lucy the original before the nook. It's a little tagboard menu with mostly the best burgers a true dive bar menu. Rooster's is right off Randolph in St. Paul try the pulled pork phenomenal, Scott Ja-Mama's and Ted Cook's are both in Minneapolis and have great barbecue. Just look at Matt's Menu and you will know it's a dive. Matt's menu

Scott Ja-Mama's is good stuff. I go there every once in awhile for lunch. You gotta get there by 11 or so if you want to eat at one of their 2 tables. You can't beat a huge bbq beef sandwich, slaw, twice baked potato, chips and a coke for $6 bones.

Well I have not heard it mentioned on the show but there is a great old fashion drive in in St Louis Park called Wagners. It is just off hwy 7 and about Quebec ave. They actually hang the tray on the window or you can sit at one of many picnic tables. If you like old fashion drive inn's this is the place.

A dive/diner that I have not seen mentioned is "Our Kitchen" just off 36th street and bryant ave in South Minneapolis. It is very small with mainly counter seating. I have been eating there for over 30 years. The man that origionaly opened it died about 15 years ago but his grandson Dan who has worked there since he could see over the counter has owned and ran it ever since. Fridays they serve a full HOMEMADE Turkey dinner. Hmmmmm Get there early though because they sell out. Good Eating!!

Made it to the Dari-ette for lunch today. The boys had the corn dogs (money! grin) and I gave the spaghetti and meatballs a chance and washed it down with a vanilla coke. The meatballs where just like grandma used to make, seriously! I'll be back for sure!! I think the best thing that I saw on the menu was a soft serve cone with crunch coat! Who has crunch coat anymore? Thats probably one of my favorite childhood treats!!