• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Some BIF shots on the way home from work.

finnbay

Quote:
since I don't have the Finnish flag to salute
gringrin

Say, I've been seeing so many birds I've never seen before this year, can't believe how many there are. I swear there was a Cape May warbler on the deck last night. The yellow collar was incredible and the cheeks were orange. Three of us saw it and unfortunately it left as I was getting the camera but it was the only bird in Sibley's that was even close to it.

And, I shot 18 holes of a golf tournament today. On the 17th hole there was a [me] willow with several warblers in it, including yellows and yellow rumped which I got some pix of, but not good ones, and this fella which I can't find in the book. Any help?

TQ1.jpg

TQ2.jpg

Ken, if I remember correctly, the Arrowhead boasts the largest number of nesting wood warbler species in the world.

With the scrubby regeneration after the blowdown, the chestnut-sided warblers are particularly abundant. Check the Secret-Blackstone trail and other places with new growth after the devastation. The chestnut-sided is a beautiful bird.