• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

next smoked item?

Seems many had quite some sport with my smoked brownies that may end up at the State Fair next year.  Frankly, my feelings were hurt but after a bit of soul searching I have realized I can make a comeback.  Boar started a very nice thread on goofy things we've eaten.  Looking at those things I've decided that I will smoke peanut butter first.  I don't even care if it melts a bit because it will congeal later.  My next genius project will be smoking my own oysters.  It got me thinking that those canned "smoked" oysters I've been eating for years aren't probably even smoked.  It would take way too long to hook each tiny oyster to a hook and smoke for any company to do that.  I may even dip my homemade smoked oysters in the peanut butter.  For a small fee I may let RH have the rights to put it on his page, even though Del says recipes can't be trademarked.  What's you creative thought that you are going to try?

Smoked Butter....I like the idea! Some things I have yet to try but seem like they would be good- Smoked Chocolate, Smoked salt and peppercorns. Ive also heard smoking an apple pie turns out really good

Here's a couple pics of some different ideas. Smoked lemons for smoked lemonade. Smoked fries for Fish n Smoked chips. I have also smoked potatoes that I cut in half, boiled. then made into smoked loaded mashed taters, they are blow your socks off good....especially if you add a lit bacon grease from the bacon bits I add

Smoked Fries IMAG0159.jpg

Smoked Lemons IMAG0168.jpg

Edited by CaughtABuzz

I have come to the conclusion that some people have to much time on there hands. How do you guys find time to do all of this smoking, and still find time to work 40hours week (20 of which are spent on this page) but you get the point!!  :)

I have come to the conclusion that some people have to much time on there hands. How do you guys find time to do all of this smoking, and still find time to work 40hours week (20 of which are spent on this page) but you get the point!!  :)

LOL!  i Do my smoking with time management. when I goina do a batch, one day ill make sure I got everything ready, grinder and stuffer, and sharp knives ect ect. next day it debone and grind or just grind, have had the quartes preped before and usually mix, the the next day I stuff and smoke, or if the recipe call for it to sit over night in the fridge then its the next day, so foe me its a 2-3 day process sometimes for. most of the time ech step takes an hour hour half, longest part is stuffing, which takes me 3 hgours maybe, smoking is the easy part even tho its the longest, I can do other thing at the same time.

I was kidding of course, but I really do need to get out my smoker.  Looks good  guys, keep it up, and for now I will just have to live vicariously through you guys!!!  Just have to make through 10 family Christmas' (actually 3, but will seem like 10) and then maybe I will have a little more time on my hands. 

Long story short, I haven't had my smoker out since March and its time to get it fired up again.

Two racks of ribs rubbed down last night and ready to go in the smoker at around noon.

After reading the canadian bacon thread, I grabbed a pork loin on Thursday and into the marinade last night. That should be ready to smoke on the 21st.

I also picked up a pork belly yesterday and will be rubbing that down today, and should be ready to rinse and smoke next weekend.

oh..... here i was againg thinking i was helping..... im going back to bed now.............................:P:P

good choice...you staying in bed helps us all!!!!!!!:P:P

icehole,,,, I also live the food smoking thru here. now I now where all the haze is coming from outside!!!!:lol:

I was kidding of course, but I really do need to get out my smoker.  Looks good  guys, keep it up, and for now I will just have to live vicariously through you guys!!!  Just have to make through 10 family Christmas' (actually 3, but will seem like 10) and then maybe I will have a little more time on my hands. 

get out your smoker??  It should never be put away. :grin: